EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

emvanburen

More shots of the trauma.
9d6f4d85fa04eabffc846f82ec286d86.jpg
d1cd89af54d7489328432e1d9db3919c.jpg

And it is my birthday week so I should be allowed to order something from WWC right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

emvanburen

Today they move the generator so it will pass inspection. An amazing lack of coordination. Try one - we sent them away because they were going to cut a decorative tree down. Had landscaper move tree. Try two- sent them away because they hadn’t arranged for the plumber to move gas at same time. Third time a charm? We will see.

emvanburen

Hello! Yes things are fine. Will post a FTS shortly. Have been very busy with work, sending a kid to college, etc but I did go to MACNA this year and dodged a big hurricane.

I have some exciting news now that my tank has stabilized! It’s time to Stretch it! When we launched this tank it was a gently way back into this addictive hobby and we did not go ultimate. Since inception I have proven my commitment to keeping the tank looking good so got green light to upgrade. 8’ - about 340 gallons in the same location but built in and plumbed to the basement. Should be fun!

emvanburen

8077fdf378f9732ec5627d1dbbaf525f.jpg

Picture under the tank of the floor joists. Will be reinforcing this area for the upcoming expansion...

emvanburen

A very large and structurally irrelevant beam has now been installed between the tank and the wall directly underneath. This beam was required because the engineer is unable to acknowledge the wall directly under the tank - a so called demising wall- and thus has to prevent this critical joist from sagging (it can’t). With this done, they can move on to reinforcing a spanning joist and installing a secondary joist which will actually carry the load of Potomac Reef 2. Progress!
aea2f2a6edf33043c7a0125c56f7a5fe.jpg

emvanburen

We now have 2 drains , 2 emergency drains, a return and a data conduit from tank to fishroom. Now I just need a new tank and fishroom!

emvanburen

Plumbing completed to the fishroom and the ceiling is back together. November / December will be about getting the fish room ready for equipment.
4d6c83969c2c89a71b0567da0d435736.jpg

Also now have 2 dedicated 20amp circuits run in.
8d1641652d536ff27702c21d73da7b4b.jpg

Small stuff, like:
Plywood walls
Painting
Flooring
Lighting

Also wondering how best to handle my livestock while the new tank goes in and cycles. Planning to house fish / corals in a temp 120g I’ll set up shortly. I’ll hopefully be sending frag backups of my good sps to local hobbyists as well. Anyone move a reef lately?