Nobby's S-650

SPR

I think Shaun's pair tend to move stuff around, but mine never do. They tend to stay near the top level of the tank and only head down into the rocks to sleep.
Mine live in the rocks at the bottom left of the tank, right underneath them somewhere, but they roam all over the tank, and every 3 months or so try and make a nest for themselves

They are a real pair of characters, and chase and go mad at each other every so often.

Perhaps you have a transgender trigger fish or it can’t make its mind up!

Nobbygas

I don't think the Male has much say in anything...........As my Navy friends used to tell me, any port in a storm and all that :)

Moving on I did mention that the RTBA had split. Well, it has actually split from one piece into three pieces ! Now that has really confused the two Clowns.

Pancho75

I don't think the Male has much say in anything...........As my Navy friends used to tell me, any port in a storm and all that :)

Moving on I did mention that the RTBA had split. Well, it has actually split from one piece into three pieces ! Now that has really confused the two Clowns.
Looking forward for the pics amigo.

Nobbygas

It's been a bit of a rough last nine days or so. I had to pop over to England for my Sister's 50th Wedding Anniversary, and that all went well. However, the next morning (Sunday) I was flattened by some sort of virus. For two days I just slept. Eventually on the Wednesday I had to come back to Germany even though I was feeling like sh1t. Throw in a flight delay of 2.5 hours plus cancelled trains when I got to Germany and it's fair to say it was not the best trip ever. I think today (Monday) I am over the worst although these things tend to drain all the strength out of you.

So, it's time I had a detailed look at Shaun's Ocean Aquarium. Plus tomorrow I pick up a couple of Royal Gramma and maybe something else.

For those of you with British Sky, there is an interesting programme on the Eden Channel about the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town. I think it is called 'Aquarium: An Aquatic Life'. It looks at what goes on behind the scenes. It is very interesting. Have a look out for the programme wherever you are in the world.

SPR

It's been a bit of a rough last nine days or so. I had to pop over to England for my Sister's 50th Wedding Anniversary, and that all went well. However, the next morning (Sunday) I was flattened by some sort of virus. For two days I just slept. Eventually on the Wednesday I had to come back to Germany even though I was feeling like sh1t. Throw in a flight delay of 2.5 hours plus cancelled trains when I got to Germany and it's fair to say it was not the best trip ever. I think today (Monday) I am over the worst although these things tend to drain all the strength out of you.

So, it's time I had a detailed look at Shaun's Ocean Aquarium. Plus tomorrow I pick up a couple of Royal Gramma and maybe something else.

For those of you with British Sky, there is an interesting programme on the Eden Channel about the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town. I think it is called 'Aquarium: An Aquatic Life'. It looks at what goes on behind the scenes. It is very interesting. Have a look out for the programme wherever you are in the world.
Hope your feeling better Mike, it’s not very nice when you get something especially if you have to travel etc

I’ll have a look the aquarium program although sky Q isn’t finding it at the moment

And ‘maybe something else’! Lol

chickenjohn

Glad to see you over the worst and recovering.
That looks a really interesting program ill see if I can find it.

Nobbygas

Well, I had the message from the LFS that the two Royal Grammas were in. This must have been about three weeks ago. They tend to hold the fish for a few weeks before releasing them. However, yesterday afternoon I got the message that one of them had 'jumped'! So I have to wait a bit longer for the LFS to get another one.

I am back in work but I feel a wreck. My body feels as though it has spent the night with Dianne Abbott, Emily Thornbury and Nancy Pelosi !

Nobbygas

So, something else......

You know that time we all bought a piece of coral that had a tiny little green mushroom attached to the base, and how we all felt it was nice to get a freebie? and now, that tiny green mushroom is popping up everywhere around the bloody tank ! Ggggrrrrrrrr.

Reading another forum I have in my hands the magic formula to get rid of them. The reasoning goes that stuff like Apstasia X is rather diluted. It has to be to be able to be sold in shops, sent through the post etc, which is one of the reasons that using it can sometimes be a hit or miss. This formula ramps things up a few notches and is apparently lethal, only to be used wearing gloves and goggles!

It goes like this:-
50ml of RO water
2gm Sodium Hydroxide
2gm Calcium Hydroxide
Mixed carefuly, stored in a glass container, and used via the standard type of injector you find in products like Aps X.

I have ordered the stuff and when it arrives I'll let you all know how/if it works.

chickenjohn

50ml of RO water
2gm Sodium Hydroxide
2gm Calcium Hydroxide
Mixed carefuly, stored in a glass container, and used via the standard type of injector you find in products like Aps X.
Be very very very careful of sodium hydroxide, it is caustic soda and will severely burn if you get it on your skin or your eyes, it is very nasty stuff.

SPR

So, something else......

You know that time we all bought a piece of coral that had a tiny little green mushroom attached to the base, and how we all felt it was nice to get a freebie? and now, that tiny green mushroom is popping up everywhere around the bloody tank ! Ggggrrrrrrrr.

Reading another forum I have in my hands the magic formula to get rid of them. The reasoning goes that stuff like Apstasia X is rather diluted. It has to be to be able to be sold in shops, sent through the post etc, which is one of the reasons that using it can sometimes be a hit or miss. This formula ramps things up a few notches and is apparently lethal, only to be used wearing gloves and goggles!

50ml of RO water
2gm Sodium Hydroxide
2gm Calcium Hydroxide

I have ordered the stuff and when it arrives I'll let you all know how/if it works.
Make sure you take before and after pictures especially whilst wearing your white coat! Lol

Nobbygas

As an aside, and I don't know what is happening in the rest of the world,but here in Germany they are now selling tank-bred Yellow Tang's ! The price is high at the moment as it's about 180 euros for a tank-bred one against 80 euros for a wild caught one, but in the long term I would expect the price to come down, plus it must be a good thing for our hobby as fish are not being taken from the wild, and being tank-bred they should not come with any inherent diseases, or be weakened by the capture (cyanide) and long transportation.
I'm pretty sure the big fishy people (TMC etc) are working hard on fish breeding so let's hope that many more fish become tank-bred as opposed to wild caught.