Pink tip anemone

Maryg_18

Hello guys, my anemone has been having trouble. We got her about a month ago, she had found her home and she end up moving again under a rock for a few days I move her so light would hit her and now she has been looking like this for over a week, she is not eating and mouth seems open? Anybody can help? Parameters are fine, salinity is 1.025

DaveK

Anemones require excellent water conditions, excellent lighting, and a well established tank. What size tank do you have? How long has it been set up? What kind of filtration, circulation, and skimming do you have on the tank? What kind of lighting do you have on the tank? What are your exact water parameters? Please note that statements like " parameter are fine" do not convey any information, because what may seem fine to you might indicate a problem to some one else.

I'm really sorry I can't put this any other way, but your anemone is in extremely bad shape. Note that it is extremely retracted and it's stomach is turned "inside out". You can't really do too much because moving it will only put more stress on it. In this case I would do the following -

Give it the smell test. Take the rock with the anemone out of the tank and smell it. A healthy anemone will smell bad. A dead one or one close to being dead will smell really really foul and nasty. If this is the case, remove the anemone and discard it. It will only foul the tank if left in.

If the anemone passes the smell test, return it to the tank. Do not feed it and reduce lighting so it's dim. This can easily be done by placing a piece of cardboard over that section of the tank, so that the anemone is in the shade. Don't try to ramp up the light until the anemone is recovered, but it's OK if the anemone moves itself to an area of brighter light.

If your very lucky, the anemone may slowly recover, however it may be a lot smaller. Most likely though that anemone will not survive, so until you see some signs of recovery, give it the smell test every day or two. Also, it you see what looks like "white smoke" coming from the anemone, it is dead, so discard it.

Uncle99

+1 to DaveK feedback.
BTW, you cannot place an nem, she can and will move where she feels comfortable in regards to flow and light.

Retracts for 24-36 hours is normal, from time to time the shrink to expel wastes.

By the pic I see a newer tank in which I might suspect will have chemistry changes going on.

I would just leave him alone, if he starts to come apart, remove it or it will foul your tank.