Mixed reef, scribbled angel

rumplestilskin7

Hi everyone! I have a 520 mixed reef and I have 2 scribbled Angel's. Anyone have any experience with this set up? I've googled and done research, but not many have this fish so wanted to try here.

DaveK

I have never owned the fish, and can only base my response on other large angles I have kept over the years. Keep in mind your talking about a fairly large, and expensive fish here, that has large space requirements. Few people are going to have one in their system.

Personally, I won't trust any large angel in a reef system with corals. They just tend to nip at corals, and can devour soft corals and also sponges, tube worms and anything else they can graze on. However, if your keeping a FOWLR system, large angles can be a fantastic addition.

The other thing about angles is they often don't like each other. It's not unusual to see them rip each other to pieces, so keep an eye out for that. Sometimes you can keep the juvenile angles together only to see them get nasty toward each other as they mature. Then again, you might get lucky and end up with a mated pair. You never know, so have a plan B in case things don't work out.

Humblefish

I had a pair many years ago. The tank started off as a FOWLR, but evolved into a soft coral reef as those became available. They weren't too bad overall, but every now & then would take a chunk out of something.

rumplestilskin7

There he is. My tank is boring. I need more fish...I'm stuck bc I want to get some monodactylus argenteus, but I see they can eat other fish. I didnt do well with corals but my mushrooms seem to love and scribby doesnt touch them. Thinking about getting some.leathers. Any recommendations for peaceful large fish?
a010d49649287b0bba9222fc63a33b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk