Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Nobbygas

That's going to be a bit of a job to get that baby into your house? Would it have been easier to assemble the tank on site? or is it going to be a Birthday surprise for the Wife ? :)
I'd offer to help lift/move it, but it's my back you see. Having a few problems at the moment.

What have you gone for with the stand?

SPR

That's going to be a bit of a job to get that baby into your house? Would it have been easier to assemble the tank on site? or is it going to be a Birthday surprise for the Wife ? :)
I'd offer to help lift/move it, but it's my back you see. Having a few problems at the moment.

What have you gone for with the stand?

It should ‘glide’ through the door as the doorway is 800mm and the tank is around 770mm. It will go straight in from the garden ‘he says confidently’!

The stand is metal framed with black satin cabinet doors like the S650

The tank will be assembled on site as the cabinet/frame/tank are all separate

chickenjohn

Not getting any alerts for this thread again.
Build is looking great Shaun, and some great equipment too, looking forward to following this one.
Regarding your engineering prowess, I know why you haven't had a call from rolls royce , you should have used white tie wraps instead of black, it would have blended in nicely with the rocket booster, sorry I meant algae reactor.
*EDIT* Don't forget to leave enough money for the BBQ, don't want you having to resort to Tesco's finest horse burgers.

SPR

Build is looking great Shaun, and some great equipment too, looking forward to following this one.
Regarding your engineering prowess, I know why you haven't had a call from rolls royce , you should have used white tie wraps instead of black, it would have blended in nicely with the rocket booster, sorry I meant algae reactor.
*EDIT* Don't forget to leave enough money for the BBQ, don't want you having to resort to Tesco's finest horse burgers.
Lol!

Pancho75

lol [emoji1787]

SPR

Wrong thread!

Attachments

• 1884938278905640090_IMG_5561.jpg
    1884938278905640090_IMG_5561.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 8
  • -8272176960971044409_IMG_5563.jpg
    -8272176960971044409_IMG_5563.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 8
  • -3493157420489541897_IMG_5534.jpg
    -3493157420489541897_IMG_5534.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 8
  • -4607369512116560378_IMG_5542.jpg
    -4607369512116560378_IMG_5542.jpg
    825.7 KB · Views: 8
  • -2564766125921836460_IMG_5547.jpg
    -2564766125921836460_IMG_5547.jpg
    821.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

SPR

Ive just placed and paid for the order (which 'hurt' a little!) for all the equipment. Most is what I posted before but here's a bit of an update of some of the items. It should be delivered on a pallet in around 7 days or so when its all in stock from Charterhouse Aquatics.

Ecotech have an offer on at the moment so I had to get the order placed before the end of the month to take advantage of this, otherwise I would have waited a few weeks.

Abyzz a200 return pump
Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pro LED x 4
Ecotech Radion RMS Tank mounts x 4
Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2
Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD x 1 (for the centre of the tank)
Ecotech battery backups x 3
Real Reef Rock Premium x 150kg (to start! Lol)
NYOS Quantum 300 protein skimmer
Clarisea SK5000
Clarisea SK5000 XL Fleece
Deltec FR512 rhowaphos reactor
DD 80w UVC
Neptune Apex 2016 Fusion (yes an additional one!)
Neptune Apex DOS (for auto water changes/dosing) x 2
Neptune Apex Vortech WXM Module (to control/monitor Radion/Vortech)
Neptune Apex Magnetic Probe holder
Neptune Apex Auto Top Off ATK
Neptune Apex 2’ flow sensor (to monitor flow from return pump)
2 x 425 litre water containers for RODI and automatic water changes to be kept outside
Plastic Shed to house outside water change and RODI container and system
ATM Colony x 5 946ml (no I’m not using dead shrimps!! Lol)
Red Sea Reef Pink Live Sand x 70kg
Red Sea Standard salt x 6 22kg buckets
32mm PVC pipe and various fittings including ball valves, unions etc. The main downflow return pipe will have a more expensive gate valve fitted by the tank builders as there more accurate

Ive not ordered the Teco TK2000e R290 chiller/heater/WiFi yet as its currently supplied without a heater pending European approval and since I wont need it until next year I may as well wait and not waste the warranty. Ive also not ordered the additional Apex Auto feeder as Ill use the one I have now when needed.

I was going to order 3 of the Apex DOS units to include Magnesium and possible carbon dosing, but I remember in the current system when I was doing weekly water changes Magnesium was always high as its not used up that much and the new saltwater kept up with demand. If I need another ill get one as and when required, but again no point wasting the warranty period if not needed. And these arnt cheap either.

I have Apex in the current system and things like the Breakout Box Ill transfer over as they arnt really used much in the S 650. This will be for float switches for the RO/Saltwater systems etc.

Nobbygas

Hope you don't mind us firing questions at you. I'm almost as excited as you are over this :)

You've listed a Deltec FR512 rhowaphos reactor. Have you thought of the NYOS Torq 2.0 body which will house Rowaphos and Carbon at the same time, and maybe saving some space in your Sump? Or is the plan to feed the reactor from 'a pipe somewhere'?

Have you thought of getting a small greenhouse heater for your plastic shed? These don't keep the space warm as such, but they do stop the temperature dropping to Zero. It's just that RO units have a performance drop off when they have to operate below certain temperatures, or I may have just imagined that?