Pancho75

Looks like Christmas Pancho! Lol

Are you getting Trident ?

It’s not available in the UK yet but I’m definitely getting it when it arrives

It does looks like Christmas Shaun ! LOL

Honestly I was avoiding the whole controlling thing but now that I have taken the plunge with Neptune definitely Trident is in the plan but given the lack of supply at the moment I will focus first in the DOS, ATF and COR-20s. I think it will be good to have the whole Apex-Trident-DOS system working. How about you, I think you can control two systems with one Apex, right?

Last edited:

SPR

It does looks like Christmas Shaun ! LOL

Honestly I was avoiding the whole controlling thing but now that I have taken the plunge with Neptune definitely Trident is in the plan but given the lack of supply at the moment I will focus first in the DOS, ATF and COR-20s. I think it will be good to have the whole Apex-Trident-DOS system working. How about you, I think you can control two systems with one Apex, right?

It’s about reefing!
Yes you can control multiple systems but you need a connecting cable which doesn’t sound much use certainly in my case

SPR

I know ! LOL

Now I am watching YouTube tutorials (instead of the regular fun videos) and have to read a ton materials, do you have any interest to go to Mexico and help me installing it? LOL
Honestly you won’t need anything, Apex is simple to use and the current software includes templates to automatically set systems up.

Even the advanced programming is relatively simple and if you need any help there is the Neptune Apex forum with loads of help from advanced users.

Pancho75

Honestly you won’t need anything, Apex is simple to use and the current software includes templates to automatically set systems up.

Even the advanced programming is relatively simple and if you need any help there is the Neptune Apex forum with loads of help from advanced users.
Yes I already subscribed Neptune Apex, so far it does not look complicated. I have to say I feel like a kid with a new toy. [emoji1787]

chickenjohn

do you have any interest to go to Mexico and help me installing it?
I always have an interest in Mexico, preferably 2 weeks on the Riviera maya.
Not too sure id be much help on the apex, though if your willing to pay me to stay in Riviera maya for 2 weeks I could be willing to put aside a day to at least give you a hand unboxing it.

Pancho75

I am thinking on the Apex installation and wandering if you guys screw the controllers or other equipment directly into the Red Sea panels or if I should put a wood piece and mount the controller there.

I am thinking to remove the original Red Sea power center. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I basically got a piece of board and used heavy duty Velcro to stick the units into place for ease of removal, not that you need to remove them very often.

Most of the modules can be screwed into place as well so it’s personal choice

My wire management is certainly going to be ‘improved’ in the new system as is a major part of the planning and yes you could remove the power centre. It’s just a plug box in reality and Apex is a little more advanced.

Last edited:

Pancho75

I basically got a piece of board and used heavy duty Velcro to stick the units into place for ease of removal, not that you need to remove them very often.

Most of the modules can be screwed into place as well so it’s personal choice

My wire management is certainly going to be ‘improved’ in the new system as is a major part of the planning and yes you could remove the power centre. It’s just a plug box in reality and Apex is a little more advanced.
Yes I thought on the the velcro too, as I am concern about the panels and wanting to move the things later. The Max panels just seem too “pretty” to put screws on them lol. Of course I can order new panels from Red Sea also so I am leaning toward using the screws.