Johns first coral adventure RSR 425xl

Pancho75

I'm normally a sane type of bloke, very realistic, but even now I cannot sit down and eat fish in front of the tank. I have this weird thing that the fish will get really upset.
They probably think why is this guy eating a prime bit of fish and all he feeds us is a few pellets and flake.

LOL, you are physiologically damaging me, now I will start wandering what are the little buggers thinking !

Like the bit of advice given to me by my late Dad 45 years ago, "If it's got tits or wheels, it'll cost you money and give you problems!".

Replace the wheels for fish to modernize :)

No offence intended to any Ladies reading this.
Definitely no offence intended to our lady reefers.
Just been honest lol

LOL

It’s about reefing!

chickenjohn

Update.
Had an email about my profilux 4e today, it wont be delivered until early next week as they order direct from GHL to ensure the latest software and firmware.
Pretty p****d off about this really as it didn't say anything about that when I placed the order.
I know patience is key is in this hobby but im slowly losing my patience with this tank. I still haven't had time to transfer my fish from qt to dt yet.
By the time im ready to add corals Ill be too old to remember why I have a fish tank.

SPR

Update.
Had an email about my profilux 4e today, it wont be delivered until early next week as they order direct from GHL to ensure the latest software and firmware.
Pretty p****d off about this really as it didn't say anything about that when I placed the order.
I know patience is key is in this hobby but im slowly losing my patience with this tank. I still haven't had time to transfer my fish from qt to dt yet.
By the time im ready to add corals Ill be too old to remember why I have a fish tank.
Who do you get your equipment from as a matter of interest, because that would drive me mad as well ?

I try to support LFS’s but last time I ordered a 5kg rhowaphos bucket (that I can get like next day) and it took 3 weeks.

chickenjohn

I mostly use my lfs as he pretty much price matches the online stores for me, If I need it next day and he cant get it that quick then I use Charterhouse, but my lfs or Charterhouse cant get GHL so I used H2oaquatics, all it needed to say was there might be a delay on your order as its ordered directly from GHL, But that might put a person off buying it so they wait until it doesn't arrive when you think it should and wait for the email or phone call asking where my item is.
Needless to say I wont be using them again.

SPR

I’m always weary of that and it’s happened to me before, they sell it and don’t actually have it in stock, it’s really annoying

I use Charterhouse for most of my equipment, they have excellent service and are very honest and helpful if you speak with them as well.

I do try and use my LFS’s but not much for equipment as they just don’t stock what I need most if the time. Oh and also if I go for a bag of £20 carbon is usually costs 100’s in additional fish! Lol

chickenjohn

I use Charterhouse for most of my equipment, they have excellent service and are very honest and helpful if you speak with them as well.
Yeah I have had one or two conflicts with charterhouse in the past but was always quick to sort it out, plus if its out of stock them it says despatch time 3-4 days or 10-14 days so at least you know.

Nobbygas

I’m always weary of that and it’s happened to me before, they sell it and don’t actually have it in stock, it’s really annoying

I do try and use my LFS’s but not much for equipment as they just don’t stock what I need most if the time. Oh and also if I go for a bag of £20 carbon is usually costs 100’s in additional fish! Lol
Same here. I tend to use the smaller independent LFS for fish and corals. For equipment I tend to use the larger chain store, as they carry a very wide range of stuff which the locals just can't stock.

Nobbygas

Honestly, it's a different world here. Many years ago I moved from a furnished apartment into an unfurnished apartment, so I needed loads of stuff, like a bed, sofa, dining room table & chairs, well, basically everything you need! I went into a large furniture store and selected loads of stuff. When I asked about a discount if I bought all this stuff from them, the bloke just looked at me as though I was from another planet. After I agreed to pay the full price for every single item, I was then stunned when he started talking about the delivery charges, and I say charges. There was one price where they deliver to the pavement, and an additional charge if I wanted them to carry the stuff into the apartment. The notion of friendly customer service just doesn't exist here !

chickenjohn

It must be a month for it, Ive come home to a Discus dead.
They haven't been themselves recently and I didn't know why, no sign of disease or anything just lethargic and not eating properly.
Well I did some quick tests and everything is fine, so I decided to do a quick ph test as I haven't done one for ages as its always been stable at 5.5, To my shock and horror it is 3.3, how long it has been like that I don't know, but it certainly explains the behaviour, now just got to slowly raise the ph and hopefully everything will be fine.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
John - if interested... you may enjoy this thread (if you have not already seen it) by RS member @BigAl07 he wrote several post about controllers... has 34,000 post on RS and been here since near RS start... he loves his ghl one of several threads he wrote & then if I remember right he started selling them he was so impressed with them... this thread a bit dated, so sure the newest one is great !
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-next-controller.58480/

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
John - if interested... you may enjoy this thread (if you have not already seen it) by RS member @BigAl07 he wrote several post about controllers... has 43,000 post on RS and been here since near RS start... he loves his ghl one of several threads he wrote & then if I remember right he started selling them he was so impressed with them... this thread a bit dated, so sure the newest one is great !
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-next-controller.58480/

Good morning Glenn.

I don't have a tank Up & Running at the moment but still have one ready to go. The good news is I still have my GHL ProfiLux controller and am a huge fan of them still to this day.

I got out o the business of selling Controllers a few years back not because the product changed but because GHL North America made some "management" changes that didn't fit into my business plan. I sold all my inventory and actually changed "Hobby" which turned into another career change LOL!

But I still have and totally love my ProfiLux unit and all the goodies it can do.

chickenjohn

Things are looking up again, had an email today and my controller is out for delivery on Monday.
The 2 fish from qt will be going in tomorrow, (too tired this evening).
Lfs has got my Purple Firefish in so will clean qt tank and add fresh water ready to put firefish in.
Pics tomorrow or Sunday, promise