Nobby's S-650

Nobbygas

I think I have to get one. I only have some Rowaphos and Carbon sitting in a couple of small mesh bags in the Sump. This sounds a much more effective way of doing things. I do have a Rowaphos Reactor, but I took it out ages ago when my Nitrates and Phos were so low I had trouble growing anything. Since then I've controlled both those things with NOPOX.
The NYOS Torq comes with a pump as well, which makes it even more attractive.

Nobbygas

I would just like to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone on this site. I don't have any friends that have an aquarium. There are no local aquarium clubs, which can be difficult anyway with the language problem. Very few people working in the LFS's speak English so it's difficult to ask for advice etc. In fact, I have never seen a saltwater aquarium in any other person's home.
All of my knowledge has been gained from reading a few books at the start, and reading stuff online, and that process is never ending. This site has been the most helpful. It's so good to bounce ideas and experiences off of each other. We all know that each tank is different but to receive recommendations regarding fish/corals/equipment from others is invaluable, and the help I have received from this site cannot be measured.

SPR

I would just like to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone on this site. I don't have any friends that have an aquarium. There are no local aquarium clubs, which can be difficult anyway with the language problem. Very few people working in the LFS's speak English so it's difficult to ask for advice etc. In fact, I have never seen a saltwater aquarium in any other person's home.
All of my knowledge has been gained from reading a few books at the start, and reading stuff online, and that process is never ending. This site has been the most helpful. It's so good to bounce ideas and experiences off of each other. We all know that each tank is different but to receive recommendations regarding fish/corals/equipment from others is invaluable, and the help I have received from this site cannot be measured.
Your welcome! Lol

Nobbygas

You buggers. With all your talk of the NYOS Torq I have been having a look. Integral pump with NO hoses. What is there not to like. Now I have to buy one. I currently have my Active Carbon and Rowaphos sat in some mesh bags.
Monday is not far away. She Who Casts No Shadow is away for the week..........

SPR

You buggers. With all your talk of the NYOS Torq I have been having a look. Integral pump with NO hoses. What is there not to like. Now I have to buy one. I currently have my Active Carbon and Rowaphos sat in some mesh bags.
I know their nice aren’t they, no in or out hose. I need one !! Lol. And a spare!

The only reason I haven’t got one, (yet) is because it’s another pump to clean, whereas mine is fed from the old C Skim hose from the main pump......

Collo

I know their nice aren’t they, no in or out hose. I need one !! Lol. And a spare!

The only reason I haven’t got one, (yet) is because it’s another pump to clean, whereas mine is fed from the old C Skim hose from the main pump......

they come apart very easily ;)

Pancho75

LOL! I am ordering one as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho75

Mine will be here until next Thursday but won’t be installed until I go to Mexico late August, impossible to beat you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

No chance to set-up the NYOS Torg yet. The Docking Station was missing the silicone feet, so it's back to the shop today. That's a bit of a pain as it's a 50 mile round trip.

SPR

No chance to set-up the NYOS Torg yet. The Docking Station was missing the silicone feet, so it's back to the shop today. That's a bit of a pain as it's a 50 mile round trip.
Well that’s a good excuse for more fish shopping if ever I’ve heard one!

I like to support LFS’s but some of them are a bit set in there old ways. I can order something online and get it next day for free. Or I can order it from LFS, wait 2-3 weeks, chase them, wait some more and get very frustrated. And then fetch it myself and end up spending £100’s in the process on fish or corals. I ordered a 5kg bucket of rhowaphos last time from LFS and it took 3 weeks! It’s not like I’ve ordered a rare widget or something.......

Nobbygas

I could have bought it cheaper online, and as you say, got next day delivery. However, I don't mind spending an extra fiver for it when I get it from one of the Independent LFS and not one of the large chains. I realise that the smaller places cannot compete on price but they provide an invaluable service so I'm prepared to pay a few quid more to support them.
Can I blame the shop for the missing bits? I don't know. The box was not sealed so it could have been opened at some point. No more fish for a while. The two tangs I got yesterday have settled in well. There was a bit of bickering to start, with the main aggressors being the Coral Beauty and the Flame Angel, but by bedtime it was all quiet. The Japanese Tang, otherwise known as the Powder Brown Tang, can be a bit delicate so I have to keep an eye on him so it's best to let him settle in before adding anything else. The Two-Tone Tang is interesting. Shape-wise he looks the same as the Yellow Tangs, but his front half is very bright/light and he darkens towards his rear end. He's got a really cheeky face. He's also still a baby.