Col's Red Sea S-650

Nobbygas

I still cant make my mind up if I want apex or not but if I did I would definitely get the auto feeder.
In the meantime while you make your mind up, why not get an Eheim Auto Feeder. 25 quid and you can't go wrong with Eheim. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002AQY8A/

And if you are worried about pellets/flakes floating on the surface and then disappearing down the weir, get an Eheim Feeding Station. The Auto Feeder sits on the top of the feeding station (the flat black bit) and the food drops down into the clear box. It then drops down into the tank and practically nothing gets washed into the weir as the fish get to it first ! Total cost about 40 quid for the pair!
PS - I do not work for Eheim nor am I on commission :)
61bnzCpxcRL.jpg

Collo

It came last night :D I'm yet to set it up though lol

Tested my water last night, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate, 0 ammonia.

I currently have x2 marine pure blocks, x2 brightwell blocks, x8l seachem matrix, a bag of purigen, and running carbon a rowaphos in my reactor. All is well up to now

Last edited:

Nobbygas

The cover looks fab.
Now the questions.......Is it easy to lift on/off? I ask because I am a constant fiddler.
Also, why are the light units not flush in the lighting unit?

SPR

The cover looks fab.
Now the questions.......Is it easy to lift on/off? I ask because I am a constant fiddler.
Also, why are the light units not flush in the lighting unit?
I noticed that as well, the light bracket looks the same as ours, and since were being picky your rear overflow chamber lid is lifted up. Should be closed. You have to wedge the wires in tight on the left hand side.

And can you put your soup bowl and spoon in the dishwasher, it looks untidy there. And if it drops in the tank! Lol

Collo

To address everyone's concerns lol:

When you consider how much we spend on fish, corals, equipment, running costs, test kits, the list goes on and on, £400 is not that expensive : Couldn't agree more

Red Sea nest are not good so you are better with yours: thanks Pancho

Is it easy to lift on/off?: easy enough, I assume no harder than any other form of cover

Also, why are the light units not flush in the lighting unit?: It is the same light bracket you have I believe - the red sea lights come with an adaptor plate that span the width of the bracket and the red sea light then sits on top of these (without the adaptor the light would fall though the bracket) The angle of the pic makes it look like they sit higher than they do, but they are certainly higher than the lighting bracket

Since were being picky your rear overflow chamber lid is lifted up: Its sat ontop of the cover - the cover extends all the way back over the rear chamber - I just put my cover there out of the way

And can you put your soup bowl and spoon in the dishwasher: Its a home brew mixing spoon and a small plastic cup (the cups for mixing frozen with water etc, the spoon so reach the bottom of the tank lol

it looks untidy there: I concur - I have already removed them

:)