Col's Red Sea S-650

Nobbygas

Skimmers have this in-built ability to erupt and go crazy for no logical reason whatsoever. This is why I reckon that all Skimmers are in fact, female.

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

That would be my 1st impressions too, but I will check tonight. Its an expensive upgrade to go from the hydras to the reef leds - £1300
I'm not looking to upgrade just for the sake of it, but I reckon that as the Hydra's 'die off' I may replace them with the Red Sea LED's.

Collo

No thanks lol - I'm not blown away by the new red sea skimmer, but not enough to try the 1990's C-skimmer lol

Anyway why did you bother to keep it, that should be in a landfill site :)

SPR

No thanks lol - I'm not blown away by the new red sea skimmer, but not enough to try the 1990's C-skimmer lol

Anyway why did you bother to keep it, that should be in a landfill site :)
In case I might need it again for some reason!

It’s the finest of quality and built in Soviet Russia!

Collo

40 kgs of red sea pink sand and 40kg of real reef rock and the tank is now filling, 15m of pipe straight from the rodi into the tank. the waste into the hottub (it needed the water changing)

Collo

Very nice, I like the aquascape design it looks very natural
Thank you - in the past I've spent less time on the scape, but I was looking at some scape pics on line and youtube vids, my idea is to grow the tank out as much as I can so I didn't want too much rock. And I didn't want it to close to the front/back/sides for easy cleaning and flow. I have maybe 10kg of rock left so if I decide I want to add more at a later date I can

As of 6.30am the main display is about 50% full after 12hrs. The hottub is about the same lol

Nobbygas

Thank you - in the past I've spent less time on the scape, but I was looking at some scape pics on line and youtube vids, my idea is to grow the tank out as much as I can so I didn't want too much rock. And I didn't want it to close to the front/back/sides for easy cleaning and flow. I have maybe 10kg of rock left so if I decide I want to add more at a later date I can

As of 6.30am the main display is about 50% full after 12hrs. The hottub is about the same lol
Just put your spare rock in the sump for now.

Collo

Update:

So tanks full, heated, salty, cycled with x2 bottles of atm colony. And some live stock and corals in.

Ive also ordered a Nyos TORQ reactor dock and x2 1l reactor bodies, they come with a separator that allows the use 2 types of media at once (carbon and Rowaphos) I can have one unit on and running, and the second reactor prefilled ready for a quick change.

SPR

Update:

So tanks full, heated, salty, cycled with x2 bottles of atm colony. And some live stock and corals in.

Ive also ordered a Nyos TORQ reactor dock and x2 1l reactor bodies, they come with a separator that allows the use 2 types of media at once (carbon and Rowaphos) I can have one unit on and running, and the second reactor prefilled ready for a quick change.
Those reactors look very well designed and functional, as is most of the NYOS range.

I think you would seriously benefit from an ALR2 in your system as well.......

I’ve nearly purchased it twice (finger over ‘buy’! Lol) but can’t make my mind up, and it’s because I have nothing to do or fiddle with! Lol

Collo

Those reactors look very well designed and functional, as is most of the NYOS range.

I think you would seriously benefit from an ALR2 in your system as well.......

I’ve nearly purchased it twice (finger over ‘buy’! Lol) but can’t make my mind up, and it’s because I have nothing to do or fiddle with! Lol

The Nyos unit looks good I like the ease of changing the unit and the fact I can have carbon and rowa in one unit - its all about making maintenance easy lol

With regards to the ALR2 you mean you want me to test It for you 1st and report? lol

I haven't put any seachem in yet, just got the marine pure block and Brightwell in currently with some carbon and purigen