Col's Red Sea S-650

Collo

That's the bit I dreaded the most, I just had visions of us dropping it but luckily it all went without a hitch.

Same, its very heavy lol

On another note, my intentions to move the down flow valve have hit a stumbling block - I assumed it was part of the pipe and screwed to a fitting in the tank, but the valve is factory fitted and doesn't look removable :/

Reactions: SPR

Collo

I also didn't get a red sea stool, a bit peeved at that - almost £5k on a tnak and they have stopped including them. I think I will email red sea

Nobbygas

Same, its very heavy lol

On another note, my intentions to move the down flow valve have hit a stumbling block - I assumed it was part of the pipe and screwed to a fitting in the tank, but the valve is factory fitted and doesn't look removable :/
I haven't done it, but don't you just leave the original valve in place and leave it wide open, and insert the new gate valve lower down?

Nobbygas

I also didn't get a red sea stool, a bit peeved at that - almost £5k on a tnak and they have stopped including them. I think I will email red sea
The Red Sea stool is a top class piece of kit. I'm surprised they stopped including them. I know they are cheap to buy, but in my opinion it was one of those small 'attention to detail' things that made Red Sea stand out from the others.

Nobbygas

+1 to this

And make sure you share the pictures so we can see your fate! lol
Yeah, and with all the top tips like on how to mop up twenty litres of saltwater from the hardwood floor without the missus finding out :)

Collo

Thanks for the support guys lol

the gate valve idea is still an option, I intend to open the valve fully and hope I can reach it once the tank is on place, if not the gate valve it is - it just delays everything having to mess about with pipework though. I initially assumed it would be fixed to the pipe and screw onto the tank fitting and all I would have to do is put a piece in between the tank and the valve, but obviously that's not the case on the max s :/

The stool - exactly my thoughts, I know they are only about a £5er but it was little touched like that that appealed to me, to stop supplying them is a bit toss to be honest - I have emailed red sea in case It was just forgotten about, but no response as of yet. The care an attention that goes into how the tank etc is packaged is top class, to then try to penny pinch by omitting a nice touch like that is a bit poor IMHO

@chickenjohn was a stool included with your tank?

Nobbygas

DYING!!!

Thats one heavy tank, but 2 of us managed to lift it onto the stand. Being honest if it was any further we wouldn't have managed it, but its on and ready for levelling :D
Who's your mate, Arnie?
Remember, the aquarium has to be flush with the rear of the stand, and overhanging slightly on the front? (I think).

Collo

Who's your mate, Arnie?
Remember, the aquarium has to be flush with the rear of the stand, and overhanging slightly on the front? (I think).

Thats how I have it, basically the bracket that receives the trim is clear of the stand :)

Its in situ now and levelled and its a struggle but if I sit on the windowsill I can reach the downflow valve to adjust which is a bonus so no mods needed

The plug socket for the tank is directly behind the sump side and I forgot to pre plug the power cable in so I will need to pull the tank back out (I put some think plastic under the rubber feet to let me slide the tank/frame around my wooden floor more easily. Should complete the assembly tonight ready for scaping and filling :D

Nobbygas

Thats how I have it, basically the bracket that receives the trim is clear of the stand :)

Its in situ now and levelled and its a struggle but if I sit on the windowsill I can reach the downflow valve to adjust which is a bonus so no mods needed

The plug socket for the tank is directly behind the sump side and I forgot to pre plug the power cable in so I will need to pull the tank back out (I put some think plastic under the rubber feet to let me slide the tank/frame around my wooden floor more easily. Should complete the assembly tonight ready for scaping and filling :D
Why do you need to pull the tank back out for the electrical connection? My plug is also behind the sump area, and I just run it from the power centre, out the back, and along the floor. It's the only cable I have that's showing (as such).