Senior Bill is 82 years old and limited in computer skills.

senior Bill

I had a 240 gallon acrylic salt water aquarium in 1982 and had success for a while and stocked it with over $1500 in fish only animals. Lost all contents, tried again and lost them again, switched to fresh water, got bored and got rid of it all. Lost about 8k all together. Now that I am in the twilight years I thought I would see if the new technology and more patient "old man approach" will give me some success. I currently have a Red Sea Max E-260 set up and maturing in accordance with RS Starter Kit Reef Mature at day 17. The cleanup crew is the only inhabitants so far and the chemistry fluctuates as I have put in a small amount of table shrimp to give the cleanup crew something to eat and the cycle seems to have gone backward a little., ammonia up from 0.0 to 0.25 (from the shrimp) and nitrite up from 0.0 to 0.25. Nitrate is now 20ppm up from 15ppm. My sand sea cucumber has managed to squeeze through the intake grill near the protein skimmer and is somewhere in the sump area. I tried to gently lift the segments of this grill, like is shown the video of the sales promotion, but it may need more force, and or manipulation. I still don't have any owners manual for this aquarium, so I keep calling the sales guy John ant Fish Tanks Direct for information. I hate to keep bothering him, so when I saw this site, I joined to see if I could get better advise than I got back in 1982 and become a content addict of salt water aquariums again. .Earlier I said I was in the twilight years, but lately I think it sometimes is more like the twilight zone.

Humblefish

The best advice I have to give is quarantine those fish. The supply chain is a lot more polluted (with disease) than it was in the 1980s. I've been at this since the late 70s, and have never seen anything like what I'm seeing today.

senior Bill

The best advice I have to give is quarantine those fish. The supply chain is a lot more polluted (with disease) than it was in the 1980s. I've been at this since the late 70s, and have never seen anything like what I'm seeing today.
Thanks,
I feel that way about many things today. The ting that is lacking seems to be "integrity". I do have a quarantine tank set up