Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

rustyreefer

Yes, but its a gadget! lol

I do weekly testing so for me its potentially very useful, but i will watch a few videos and reviews before i buy it. If its in any way a pain to clean or service I might not get one.

Apart from the 15 minutes or so it takes to do the tests, my auto doser does the rest very well
I too am curious as to how well it will work. I'll be watching very close too!

SPR

Well, it’s adventure time!

I flew from London heathrow to Amsterdam Schipol yesterday with KLM, and then straight onto a KLM 777 to Quito Ecuador. I traveled business class with my son Ben and have ruined any future long haul air travel plans for him! Lol

So at the time of writing I’m currently in Quito in a very nice ‘homely’ hotel in the centre of the town which is at an altitude of around 9350ft and is the second highest ‘capital city’ in the world. I believe it’s now number one as Bolivia may have changed it’s capital according to the guide but...

It’s very odd coming into land at an airport nearly 10000ft up as the plane didn’t start it’s decent until about 18 minutes before touchdown (instead of the normal 30 minutes roughly). The plane was hurtling towards a very mountainous earth at 595mph at one point, which made me feel a ‘little nervous’! Lol

Tomorrow at 0630 with fly with Avianca to Quayaquil for a short stop to pick up other passengers and then onto Baltra in the Galápagos Islands were we pick up the first class motor yacht for 7 nights

I’ll take lots of pictures so don’t worry and I maybe gone for a while as I think the mobile network coverage will be a little poor on the yacht...

This was the boring bit...

IMG_0906.jpg

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Shaun - There is something very important, and vital for your safety, that you need to know about snorkeling in the Galapagos, and that is, whatever you do, make sure that the.....*?!!!!! man eating Penguins..Äää'+.......sharks....>>*_'?=.......{error 505 Connection Lost]

SPR

Well all I can say is wow........

Galapagos is the most magical place I have ever been to.

Untouched lands, animals that aren’t afraid, active volcanos, breathtaking scenery, simply wonderful......

Here are a few pictures taken from the stern of the yacht in the same area which I did to capture my view at the time...

8765927957701777288_IMG_5124.jpg

4109292516223538049_IMG_5200.jpg

4158034251816373984_IMG_5237.jpg

Nobbygas

Like I’d not been away, and constantly fiddling with it!

Apart from the glass being a little dirty (wife the lazy cow! Lol).... she’s a bit scared in case she scratches the glass.
Ha, ha. When I was away I told the MiL to only run the scraper over the front glass, and not to worry about the edges or the sides, just clean a 'window' so she can actually look into the tank and see the fish. It's amazing how filthy the glass gets when you're away for a bit isn't it!

SPR

Well I have nothing of particular importance to report, all is well apart from a few of those pesky asterina starfish have been eating one of my long term SPS corals annoyingly! I wish the harlequin shrimp would pull his finger out.

Today I’ve changed the rhowaphos and cleaned the skimmer cup, why you might ask.

Well the weather here in the UK is going to be rubbish (rain so no golf!) for the next 7 days or so, so I thought mmmm, I haven’t been away for a while (dont laugh!) so I’m off to my home in spain for 7 days and my wife, the lucky tart, or Casper as I’ve been calling here from lack of sun, is coming with me!! Lol

So sunny climates await so the tank is being prepared for another short break from me messing with everything!

Nobbygas

Well I have nothing of particular importance to report, all is well apart from a few of those pesky asterina starfish have been eating one of my long term SPS corals annoyingly! I wish the harlequin shrimp would pull his finger out.

Today I’ve changed the rhowaphos and cleaned the skimmer cup, why you might ask.

Well the weather here in the UK is going to be rubbish (rain so no golf!) for the next 7 days or so, so I thought mmmm, I haven’t been away for a while (dont laugh!) so I’m off to my home in spain for 7 days and my wife, the lucky tart, or Casper as I’ve been calling here from lack of sun, is coming with me!! Lol

So sunny climates await so the tank is being prepared for another short break from me messing with everything!
You must have more Air Miles than Alan Whicker !