RR's RSM S650

Pancho75

Got a decent picture of the Midas Blenny since he was not quite up yet. He is a really cool fish to watch. I have quickly figured out all of my lenses suck for aquarium photography :(
Going to have to break down and get the Micro Nikkor 40mm I suppose :)

This is with my iPhone before the lights came on.
de0eb69a802bb32cda609ef52c55343e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful fish, good pic!

rustyreefer

Well things are progressing well. Still doing 10% water changes weekly and all parameters are staying in line. Broke down and bought a Nikkor 40 mm macro lens but not super happy with the results just yet. Cannot seem to get the lighting/coloration where I want it just yet but like anything I’m sure it will come as I practice.
Also decided to buy a 7 stage BRD RODI filtration system to start mixing my own water considering I am doing so many water changes.
So what I have been adding to the tank you ask?

2 snowflake clowns
1 Midas Blenny
1 diamond goby
1 purple fire fish
1 royal gramma
1 Long tentacle anemone
1 rose bubble tip anemone
1 pulsing Xenia
1 Hammer
1 Duncan
1 green star polyp
1 rose petal chalice
1 micromussa
1 green toadstool
1 Sinularia
1 Rasta Zoa
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp

Think I got them all [emoji38]

Not super happy with the photos I have gotten so far but I’ll share anyway :)
27083e231f8f12727d76a81860876ecd.jpg

Sinularia
5cdf018796a649904b48e30ee2bfe619.jpg

Midas Blenny
23870fb92e09f837fd393b566b656e82.jpg

Duncan
d88f954b8ee7471469226940ba1f4dad.jpg

Xenia
1807c6d392dc6eef7d092ceb63b96686.jpg

Micromussa
f7977d55b8f330336dbeb5f71bea3064.jpg

LTA
67ee58abfaa97d2c25f006de1e91108b.jpg

Hammer
037302923bf2c2dd5ad50e17e2afd300.jpg

Ordered a bunch of zoa and mushroom frags that will be in tomorrow as well.

Nobbygas

A few pictures from the iPhone XS tonight.
25e9d9703ac72226efff737e8de651bd.jpg

6f76d9cdfd04485b8be21cef21831568.jpg
05be796bbfdb8d27103a75da62f2e221.jpg

Started a zoa rock with a few frags that are coloring up nicely.

I may have said before, but have a look at the 20 quid D-D Coral Lens Kit. It just clips onto your phone and really improves the colour in the photos. No fiddling with the White Balance or anything. Cheap, easy to use and produces really good results.

rustyreefer

I may have said before, but have a look at the 20 quid D-D Coral Lens Kit. It just clips onto your phone and really improves the colour in the photos. No fiddling with the White Balance or anything. Cheap, easy to use and produces really good results.
Thanks for the tip. I haven't looked into those yet but will definitely do so. Might even be worth looking at some filters for the macro lens too.

rustyreefer

Wow time flies! Nearly two months since I updated the thread. Well things have definitely been busy but that has not kept me from continuing to build out the tank.
I will try to take some updated pictures this week as I did get some filters in as Nobby recommended. Just haven't really used them yet.

Overall things are good. Parameters are stable with my weekly and sometimes biweekly water changes. PH is a little lower than I would like ranging between 7.8 and 8.1. I am thinking of dosing Kalkwasser through my ATO but really haven't decided just yet. Fish and Corals all seem to be doing fine so not so sure I need to worry to much about it.

So whats been added... on the coral front... Couple more Zoas, another GSP, sunset monti, superman monti, setosa monti, pink cats eye poly, red war coral, sunny D poly, lavender white acro(got a super deal otherwise would have held off on this one), and green galaxea

Fish... green mandarin, foxface, 3 banggai cardinals, coral beauty

Anyways, need to catch up on other threads and will get some pictures added in the next few days.

Nobbygas

Wow time flies! Nearly two months since I updated the thread. Well things have definitely been busy but that has not kept me from continuing to build out the tank.
I will try to take some updated pictures this week as I did get some filters in as Nobby recommended. Just haven't really used them yet.

Overall things are good. Parameters are stable with my weekly and sometimes biweekly water changes. PH is a little lower than I would like ranging between 7.8 and 8.1. I am thinking of dosing Kalkwasser through my ATO but really haven't decided just yet. Fish and Corals all seem to be doing fine so not so sure I need to worry to much about it.

So whats been added... on the coral front... Couple more Zoas, another GSP, sunset monti, superman monti, setosa monti, pink cats eye poly, red war coral, sunny D poly, lavender white acro(got a super deal otherwise would have held off on this one), and green galaxea

Fish... green mandarin, foxface, 3 banggai cardinals, coral beauty

Anyways, need to catch up on other threads and will get some pictures added in the next few days.
Glad to hear that everything is progressing nicely.
Pah, that GSP will never grow. It's the 'impossible coral', or at least it is for me :)

rustyreefer

That is a gorgeous Mandarin pal, congrats.

Are you adding pods?

Thanks
I added a lot to the fuge and the display a while back. They seem to be doing pretty good so far but I plan to continue adding them every two weeks now that I have him. Between him and the cardinals, they put a hurt on the pods.

rustyreefer

Quick update on the trial I am
Doing dosing kalkwasser through my ATO

I started in the 12th of June.
Dosing 1 tbl spoon per gallon and mixing thoroughly. Not adding to the ATO until the water is clear again. It is important to wait until thoroughly mixed for a few reasons.
1. If you don’t you will end up potentially clogging your ATO tube and stopping the flow.
2. You will not get the results unless properly mixed.

So my PH readings were ranging between 7.8 and 8 prior to starting.
My high and low as of today are 8 and 8.1.
I will be testing CA and ALK this weekend and will share those results in my next update. Since I started, my PH has not dropped below 8 and the highest it has gone to is 8.24