RR's RSM S650

rustyreefer

Well tank is cycled and I’ve been running the lights for 3 days. Which means diatoms have started to show in the sand :/. Going to do a water change in the next few days and then add a CUC followed by the first group of fish.
Oh and I changed the scape a bit again but I’m done fiddling with it this time. For real this time [emoji23]

9d6cd8b5a2369d02e717be0f377482f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyreefer

Did a 20% water change yesterday morning and headed to the fish store in the afternoon.
My whole plan went out the window since I took my daughter with me [emoji23]
Well that and I have decided against the blue chromis all together.
She wanted clownfish so we got two Mocha davinci clowns, 1 purple fire fish and a cleaner shrimp.
The FF went straight to the rocks and I haven’t seen him since! Hopefully he is still alive :/
The clowns have done great and are extremely active and eating well.
Cleaner shrimp acclimated good as well.
Hopeful the FF is just hiding in the rock work and will show himself at some point today.
f4b804a9d15c9750d4d2f80dd01c3d1a.jpg

c908135fe7992f456555277873de10e1.jpg

rustyreefer

Well I think I finally get to pick up the Apex today. Ordered it from my LFS two weeks ago. I could have ordered it 5 times online by now. Oh well, I really do like to try and support the LFS's, but like I said, sometimes they make it extremely difficult.
Excited to get it installed though so expect pics tonight if all goes well and it actually delivers to the LFS today as expected. I already made a board to mount it to. Still haven't decided if I am going to remove the power center that came with the RSM. I will probably leave it for now until I know for sure I don't need it.

rustyreefer

Well I spent 2 hours setting up APEX last night before going to bed. Still have some wire management to do but for the most part I am up and running including adding the AFS and setting feeding schedules.
ea920a3f1c41ea26543abee56ddacf09.jpg

I’ll add some pics of the mounting once I get the chord mgmt done.

So when I picked this up yesterday I felt compelled to buy a few other things.
Picked up a few emerald crabs and a green star polyp and a Zoa frag.

To my pleasant surprise they opened up about 10 minutes after adding them to the tank so I was pleased with my first coral purchase. Now if I can just keep them happy [emoji4]

rustyreefer

Refugium came in today so worked on getting it set up. Worked out really well and the guys at modular marine did a great job on the custom measurements I gave them.
Put a basic grow light on it for now and will see how well that does before opting to buy a better light.
Here are a few pictures of the setup
96f7ee84c3104cafcd0cacf175c2404f.jpg

1a8ab24c06a4f558cfe83c87d345f5f9.jpg

Next step is ordering some things from algae barn and adding some pods.

rustyreefer

Bout some macro algae at the LFS along with some pods for the fuge. Even though they claimed the algae was clean it has some hitchhikers. Been reading up on them and it appears they are a good addition to a reef tank. If anyone has any experience with these baby brittle stars I would appreciate any feedback.

ad5eaf8689b7eed15ac206d5044d4bdb.jpg

I see 3 of run in total and they are tiny.

Added a few more fish to the tank as well.
A Midas Blenny and a Diamond Goby.
My iPhone takes horrible pictures of the display when I try to get a close up so I really need to break out the dslr. If I do I will upload a few pics of them.

rustyreefer

Got a decent picture of the Midas Blenny since he was not quite up yet. He is a really cool fish to watch. I have quickly figured out all of my lenses suck for aquarium photography :(
Going to have to break down and get the Micro Nikkor 40mm I suppose :)

This is with my iPhone before the lights came on.
de0eb69a802bb32cda609ef52c55343e.jpg