Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

I didn't want to say it ! :)
Yes you did I was waiting for you to! Lol

I got in first!

Did you look at the algae site. I’m going to order some of the various Red’s when there in stock at the cheaper prices. I think they would look cool in the display, but only the non invasive types. Well they will look cool until the tangs eat them, which I why I’ll wait until some has grown in the sump first!

Nobbygas

Yes you did I was waiting for you to! Lol

I got in first!

Did you look at the algae site. I’m going to order some of the various Red’s when there in stock at the cheaper prices. I think they would look cool in the display, but only the non invasive types. Well they will look cool until the tangs eat them, which I why I’ll wait until some has grown in the sump first!
I did look at the site, but I'm not sure about adding algae. Although, with my documented failure to grow GPS...............

Pancho75

I’ve just found this site that looks quiet good for anyone in the UK/Europe

https://www.livealgae.co.uk/

I’ve just ordered some Botryocladia algae as the others red ones were out of stock.

I’ll grow some in my new toy, sorry Babylon Genesis Refugium and when it’s big enough add it to the display as it’s not invasive. Oh and the fish could well eat it so I need some extra before I add it.

There are all sorts of pretty non invasive types, it’s a whole new world........
So that idea of the Reefer Gardens of Babylon was real!!! lol

We need pictures when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

So that idea of the Reefer Gardens of Babylon was real!!! lol

We need pictures when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it’s real until I get bored! Lol

Some of the algae looks attractive, mainly the red varieties and more importantly they are non invasive

Oh and I’ve just ordered 10 coral frags, mainly Goniopora variations for movement. These days I prefer smaller frags as I like to watch them grow

A little picture...

10755415168_IMG_3333.jpg

SPR

The new refugium has been in place for a few weeks now and the Caulerpa Prolifera is growing quiet well.

Here’s a few pictures

This is the refugium box and miracle mud

-1642937846235200697_IMG_3613.jpg

And here are some pictures of the fascinating close up of the Caulerpa Prolifera, the small polyps open and close alternatively and it’s quiet fascinating to watch...

Forgive the pictures but it’s through the sump glass..

6055729784509364161_IMG_3605.jpg-8534778176234182929_IMG_3604.jpg3566870203797185354_IMG_3602.jpg5813547382475783526_IMG_3601.jpg

And here are the roots

1761395267780722050_IMG_3608.jpg

And this is a Red Birds Nest algae that they offered as the one I ordered was regrowing. The intention with this is to grow it a little bigger and then break some off and put it into the main display, it’s non invasive, but I’m growing some extra in case the fish eat it!

5938598570906895930_IMG_3618.jpg

chickenjohn

Yeah im already thinking of buying another larger tank for fowlr as ive found when you keep corals you are limited on fish and its frustrating when it comes to choosing fish. Just got to convince the mrs, wish me luck, lol

chickenjohn

Hi Nobby
Unfortunately she knows the price of everything as we have a 6ft Discus tank and she buys the Discus.
But all is not lost as she keeps asking 'can we have this fish' and of course the answer is not in a reef tank but can in a fowlr tank, so I think she is weakening week by week.

rustyreefer

The new refugium has been in place for a few weeks now and the Caulerpa Prolifera is growing quiet well.

Here’s a few pictures

This is the refugium box and miracle mud

View attachment 48946

And here are some pictures of the fascinating close up of the Caulerpa Prolifera, the small polyps open and close alternatively and it’s quiet fascinating to watch...

Forgive the pictures but it’s through the sump glass..

View attachment 48948View attachment 48949View attachment 48950View attachment 48951

And here are the roots

View attachment 48952

And this is a Red Birds Nest algae that they offered as the one I ordered was regrowing. The intention with this is to grow it a little bigger and then break some off and put it into the main display, it’s non invasive, but I’m growing some extra in case the fish eat it!

View attachment 48953
I am excited to put a fuge in. Don't ask me why I just am lol. I do like the idea of removing nitrates and the idea of creating a safe place for pods to reproduce..
I like how you did the container inside the larger compartment. I was wondering how I would do it where the water doesn't flow back towards the skimmer chamber but instead over the baffle into the carbon section.

Nobbygas

Shaun - Forget your miracle mud.....

53602095_981367065585302_3787673577499656192_n.jpg