New setup REd Sea Max 130D

Kamreef

Hello I picked up a 130 d. I removed the lid and plan to hang one of my hydra 26hds over it for my first upgrade. I also want to upgrade the pump to a controllable dc pump. I found this on marine depots site just wondering if it will fit? https://www.marinedepot.com/MightyJ...ps-Innovative_Marine-0I10650-FIWPEPZT-vi.html

Also the return nozzle is stripped. I know you can buy the upgrade kit and get a new nozzle and pump. Is there anyway to just get the nozzles. Or can I find another attachment to go into the holes(locline etc...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kamreef

:rbwwelc:to RS ! Post us some pics so we can follow along ! Maybe some members will have some advise on the nozzle...
0ff577967e354b123cfdf207c43f8cde.jpg

Im also thinking this is the return nozzle what if you removed the nozzle part and inserted the locline and screw the nut back on?

Kamreef

I decided I’m going to do a foam Rockwell with pondfoam and epoxy resin also contacted the BRS they seem to think the pump will fit! I hope to replicate this
005dcd958810fc852e0ac33e9e6c8a4c.jpg

A eBay seller contacted me stating that theirs epoxy resin is reef safe

DaveK

I wonder about the use of epoxy resin and pond foam. My question would be, does the use of these materials greatly reduce the surface area needed for biological filtration? I don't know the answer.

Traditionally live rock or base dry rock would be used, providing the needed surface area for bacteria to grow. This surface seems to be lacking when you use epoxy resin and pond foam for most all of the aquascape.

Kamreef

I wonder about the use of epoxy resin and pond foam. My question would be, does the use of these materials greatly reduce the surface area needed for biological filtration? I don't know the answer.

Traditionally live rock or base dry rock would be used, providing the needed surface area for bacteria to grow. This surface seems to be lacking when you use epoxy resin and pond foam for most all of the aquascape.
Actually there was a lot of live rock used within the wall if you take a closer look. I will also be adding LR to the bottom. As for surface area the Base rock I added was only slightly coated with epoxy

Kamreef

Added a AI Nero 5 and brought home my clowns....My 120 had a big crash lost my 5yr old yellow and blue tang RIP but these guys survived checked my water parameters everything was fine!? These guys are fighters also all corals were fine don’t understand...anyway loving this new pump
839cafd48e5ee3b0b854e0dce8dea42a.jpg
800269d6a6cd59e68005d5051101311c.jpg
72e51eb7eb4a899e764da7604a75ab8c.jpg
665897aeec55de912e0c6cfc2c9bf00a.jpg

Kamreef

Better safe then sorry. Noticed the outlet next to the tank was not GFCI! Figured screw it went ahead and swapped it also added a outdoor cover! Especially since the outlets higher then the aquarium
69a9b424da6949d45df3418fa30c4f02.jpg