HELP! Best skimmer for a 32g Biocube

Have a small Biocube 32g tank with an even smaller coralife Skimmer that fits in chamber 1 while allowing me to close my lid without having to modify anything.

My skimmer doesn’t seem to be zeroing out my nitrates. That being said my skimmer doesn’t seem to pull much out either. I only need to dump it every 10 days or so and it certainly is not black like I see on you tube videos.

What do I need to do to get better performance or should I get a different skimmer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francine

I have found the trick that works! It sucks that with our 32’s there are limited skimmer options... so I was in the same boat as you but have found a solution to make the biocube one work.... you need to replace the pump with a whisper 10 made by tetra.... my skimmer went from pulling and doing nothing to getting some nasty stuff out! Plus it is a cheap fix.... just make sure to fine tune it in slowly and you will be golden....
There are a couple you tube videos of others who have done the same! :)
Hope that helps!

Francine it works much better with the different air pump. Still not getting black yucky stuff out but then again my nitrates are low and everything else is testing well so maybe I don’t have a lot of waste in the tank!

Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francine

No problem!
If you have been running your limestone with the crappy pump for a couple months (2 or more) try replacing it... that’s what I did and the pump does take some fine tuning at the beginning to get the small bubbles in the chamber instead of big ones... but it’s definitely a cheap improvement! lol

Your welcome!