Powerhead advice

dbetts

Hello all! I am in desperate need of buying new powerheads and was hoping to get your take on it. My tank is a 55 gallon mixed reef (mostly soft and LPS).

I was looking at the Aqamai KPS Wavemaker Pump as a potential as well as the Current USA eFlux Wave Pump kit. Does anyone have experience with either of those? Or if you have suggestions of other ones, that would be great.

I would like to be able to have schedules so the pumps will slow down at night and during feeding times if possible. But of course cost is always a big factor.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I would say that either of them would work ok. If limiter to those two choices, I'd pick the Aqamal over the Current USA because the Aqamal is wifi controllable, and because I have been a bit disappointed in other Current USA products I have purchased.

However, if I could pick anything, I'd be considering the EcoTech Marine MP10wQD or MP10QD or the Tunze Turbelle Stream 6105. The downside is that any of these options is about 2 to 3 times the price of what your looking at.

Oxylebius

I have the Tunze pump and wavemaker and love them. Have had them for several years now w/o issue. I run the wavemaker pump during the day only, not at night. The pump only needs cleaning every 6 months or so.

dbetts

Just to give an update:

I coughed up the cash and bought the Eco Tech MP10QD. So far, I’m loving it. Great circulation in the tank and I love the different modes you can put it on. Thanks for the advice guys!

Happy reefing!

66fbd7403f52a8e94fcee6c8fdd2fa2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brotato

DaveK what is it that you did not like a bout the USA Current Power heads that you did not like? I have a DC USA current pump that i was looking to buy the Bluetooth control box to connect to it as well as a powered that way I could control them from my phone to feed.