Pancho75

The green branch hammer went from two heads to a nice colony.
5156cdbd32a2fc914adf0833fa7ce6e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho75

So finally my Blue/Green Chromis did what they do... they attacked each other, I lost the smallest one and another is now swimming with half caudal fin. I guess it is just normal behavior.

Nobbygas

So finally my Blue/Green Chromis did what they do... they attacked each other, I lost the smallest one and another is now swimming with half caudal fin. I guess it is just normal behavior.

It's what they do isn't it, and it seems to go in bursts. I've gone from seven to three, but those four all went in a pretty rapid timescale. Since then, the three have settled down, but one of the three seems to have stopped growing and I've no doubt that it will be the next to go.

Pancho75

It's what they do isn't it, and it seems to go in bursts. I've gone from seven to three, but those four all went in a pretty rapid timescale. Since then, the three have settled down, but one of the three seems to have stopped growing and I've no doubt that it will be the next to go.
Exactly, my original 5 came at the same time and for mo reason one stopped to grow, ??? I don’t understand that but now he is gone... natural selection??? It is good we are not like the Chromis... lol

SPR

Those settings look pretty similar to the Red Sea ones.
They do look pretty much the same.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t really care, or understand all this ‘par’ malarkey (not even in golf!) with the meters and things. I know what it’s about, but I just have zero interest

I just switch the lights on and if it grows it grows!

Nobbygas

They do look pretty much the same.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t really care, or understand all this ‘par’ malarkey (not even in golf!) with the meters and things. I know what it’s about, but I just have zero interest

I just switch the lights on and if it grows it grows!
Amen Brother !

Pancho75

What do you mean @SPR, @Nobbygas ?

There are differences in the RY and B channels.

I do not understand either the PAR readings but I would like to increase the coral growth. When I tried the Red Sea Reef Spec setting it produced rapid growth in my SPS but bleached LPS specially my Duncans.

SPR

This is what I use which is the Red Sea reef spec settings and then blue in the evenings with a very slow ramp down from around 7pm

This slow ramp down coincides with alcohol consumption and then an alcohol induced coma around 10pm. It really works a treat! Lol

IMG_0348.jpg

Pancho75

First update from the new light settings, the SPS seem to love, better polyp extension, colors are still similar, I guess it will take more time.

The LPS however are not that happy, all Duncans are closed, the Torch achieves maximum extension only during 9 hrs and then closes during 3 hours.

I will give the LPS more time to adapt, I guess one week more before trying to make an adjustment.

Pancho75

NO3 in 20 ppm, PO4 in 1 ppm and the reef is blooming, no algae and no side effects... maybe I am doing it right while thinking it is wrong lol.

Pancho75

Here is a picture of my mandarin wondering through the right side of the tank, he is really a beautiful fish.

This week I will be in UK and Romania, and on the way I will pull the trigger on the Nyos 160 skimmer, enough of that Soviet era C-Skim!
9bf1d4243760ad26be0f93c083db13ca.jpg