Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Here’s a picture of The anemone. I think I’m going to get a few more different ones

I quite like them, provided they don’t move around to much and basically stay were I want them.

Any suggestions on ‘non moving varieties’ will be greatly appreciated!

10804498752_IMG_3055.jpg

SPR

So I decided today to change the filter floss and clean the skimmer cup as it has been 3 weeks since cleaning the NYOS cup

So who is familiar with the term “you stupid idiot”!

IMG_0310.jpg

Ok, so I had to then take the main pump to pieces, pull out said tangled filter floss and reassemble.

This was all caused by getting to close to the suction inlet of the pump whilst inserting the clean floss, which made me think, ‘I hope this doesn’t happen when I’m away’!

So my British engineering prowess came to the forefront of my mind.....

IMG_0311.jpg

I can rest easy now knowing all is well..... ! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

So that floss is polishing the water from the slimmer section before returning? Interesting. I’ve been putting poly filter on the grates one section back.

Your return area looks cleaner than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

So I decided today to change the filter floss and clean the skimmer cup as it has been 3 weeks since cleaning the NYOS cup

So who is familiar with the term “you stupid idiot”!

View attachment 48807

Ok, so I had to then take the main pump to pieces, pull out said tangled filter floss and reassemble.

This was all caused by getting to close to the suction inlet of the pump whilst inserting the clean floss, which made me think, ‘I hope this doesn’t happen when I’m away’!

So my British engineering prowess came to the forefront of my mind.....

View attachment 48808

I can rest easy now knowing all is well..... ! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You stupid idiot I also have floss in the same spot, and the nozzle is angled away, as you have done.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

So that floss is polishing the water from the slimmer section before returning? Interesting. I’ve been putting poly filter on the grates one section back.

Your return area looks cleaner than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically yes.

I have a piece of filter wool in the left hand sump, another piece under the carbon holding grates (which is the bit that got sucked up when I tried to push it through the small gap!! lol) and then I have another piece wedged at the side of the pump.

It works a treat but the main reason for all this is that I feed the rhowaphos reactor from the old green C skim tube, and it kept clogging up before the rhowaphos was spent. It works very well, is cheap and you just throw it away when it goes brown

@Nobbygas i know ! Lol

SPR

I was sat watching the tank on Boxing Day evening with a glass of my home made ‘fruit juice’, when I noticed the white anemone at the front of my tank had caught something.

It looked like it had a few bones in it

Forgive the below standard iPhone shots but it was late and I wanted to catch the moment!

IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0314.jpg

Anyway I sat back down wondering what it could be

The next thing something white came shooting from the back of the tank and settled at the side of the anemone. It was dead, and it was my Freckle-face Tang! It was like something out of a horror film the way it shot around the tank! Like eek eek eek!

Now the Freckle Face Tang had been eating and swimming healthily with no sign of issues, other than it had been constantly eating GSP colonies to the point of near extinction in my tank, and I had some large colonies, they were one of my favourite corals. So whether these poisoned it over a long period who knows.

I’m assuming the anemone has gotten hold of part of the Tang, somehow.

And then my 2 sand anemones starting mating or whatever they do releasing there ‘smoke rings’.......