Hi

Captain Bligh

Hi all. I'm Warren. I live on the Central Coast of NSW Australia. I've lost thousands of dollars taking the advice of a store where the service was just as bad, I have worked with another store and have had a brand new Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 Deluxe White installed. Starting over. The live rock and marine life I had had been transferred along with the few corals I had. So, it's a new beginning only this time it's gonna be a huge success! I'm looking forward to connecting with everybody and making this super fun and rewarding. :)

Uncle99

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary.
Nice start to your build thread.

If I could offer, in a nut shell, what IMO are the "criticals" I would say:

-be an expert in the making and deploying of "perfect water". The chemistry will vary somewhat dependant on what you keep. "Perfect" water starts with 0 TDS and ends with all of the major 8 parameters in the NSW ranges combined with stability, i.e., the parameters have little fluctuation from day to day.

-be realistic in maintaining an environment which suits your inhabitants.
While you may want a carpet anemome, the fact is they are mobile, and eat fish. So plan upfront, what are your expectations.

-if keeping any of the photosynthetics, high intensity lighting in the correct spectrum is a must. It doesn't matter much LED, T5, MH, it's the intensity and spectrum which is important, likely no,less than 150w for each 24" cube, 250 better, you can always tone them down a bit...

Sometimes LFS can be helpful and as you experienced, sometimes not so much.

There are some real experienced people in this site.

Go slow, have FUN.....