Anemone & Clown fish photos

I was never lucky enough to get my anemone and clown to mate and then not knowing enough damaged its foot by trying to glue it down. It went and hid and died a few weeks later.

Read up on anemones and chose not to get one for a while until I get everything off it’s frag plugs and where I want it and my current phosphate issue resolved and then decide on taking a fish out and if I’m adding my Flame Angel.

My question on the Anemone would be I have a black and white clown with no mate so is there one kind of Anemone that would be better for me to get in a 32g biocube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I was never lucky enough to get my anemone and clown to mate and then not knowing enough damaged its foot by trying to glue it down. It went and hid and died a few weeks later.

Read up on anemones and chose not to get one for a while until I get everything off it’s frag plugs and where I want it and my current phosphate issue resolved and then decide on taking a fish out and if I’m adding my Flame Angel.

My question on the Anemone would be I have a black and white clown with no mate so is there one kind of Anemone that would be better for me to get in a 32g biocube.

Here is a link (offsite) to a well known clownfish/compatibility chart - https://www.fishlore.com/clownfishanemonechart.htm

However, this doesn't necessarily solve your problem. Some species of anemones get very large or are fairly difficult to keep. Also, every clown is an individual and it may or may not host in the anemone you provide.

Often the best course of action is to just not have an anemone.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

Anemones are extremely fragile and require pristine and stable conditions. A healthy anemone will grow VERY large and would outgrow a 32 cube. Also, the smaller the water volume, the more difficult to keep stable.
You could try hardy soft corals like a finger leather. Clowns will sometimes take refuge in those.

Uncle99

I think your fine with a hand size BTA.
I have a pair of black on whites in a BTA, not the natural host, but works many times.
Keep nitrates and phosphates low, water quality excellent and light strong