Nano reef

Joel9425

Hi everyone I’m Joel
Currently day 33 into the cycle of my new 22 gal reef tank inc sump volume , had a small diatom bloom which led to some gha as expected but now the gha and diatoms are reducing as i added some caleurpa and started dosing purple up at day 14 and now have some good coralline growth starting which is outcompeting the gha for nutrients but I noticed today my filter sock had lots of white ( slime particles? Whoa h had got into my display tank and also started clogging all my pumps in my sump , any ideas or information would be gratefully respected :) thanks

Joel9425

Just spent last hour trying my best to remove most of it from my sump but here is some still left on my pellet reactors pump

Attachments

• 8CB2FFC3-3595-4245-831D-FDC6D6B6FFC5.jpeg
    8CB2FFC3-3595-4245-831D-FDC6D6B6FFC5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: SPR

Oxylebius

At least it isn't cyano. Wasn't sure by your description. I'm not sure I see anything but a little film algae on the front of the pump. But, usually film algae doesn't affect the pumps too much.

Film algae is likely what it is and if it is that, it is normal. Usually you don't have to worry about it on your pumps. A good cleaning of the pumps every 6 months or a year usually does the job. One reason why people get snails (like astrea snails) is that they will eat the film algae off the glass in the display tank.

Joel9425

Thanks a lot for the advise woke up this morning and it has all settled on my lr and on my tank walls . But i don’t clean the back or sides as I am wanting them completely covererd in coralline . Should I siphon As much possible out or will it just go away on its own? As mentioned before any feedback would be great as this hobby keeps me learning new things everyday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I bet whatever it is will go away... a guess It looks more like a sponge (fibrous something... ) than anything else to me... I would not be worries... whatever it is, is most likely a harmless filter feeder...

index.php