Pancho75

All is good Pancho

I use a ‘Canary’ camera system which is HD as well and work fine

I only have it in case of any warnings from Apex so I can see what’s happening if need be, like pump failure etc
Thanks Shaun, that is a nice cam. After doing my research I am going to go with the Nest for my tank. [emoji327]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

Thanks Shaun, that is a nice cam. After doing my research I am going to go with the Nest for my tank. [emoji327]

Pancho - Here are my three Torches.......well, I assume that is what they are....unless someone else knows differently. Basically there is a purply one, a green one with blue tips, and an Australian Golden one. The Purple and Green ones have been next to each other for just over a week and I cannot see any signs of warfare.

Torch1.jpg
Torch2.jpg

Pancho75

Pancho - Here are my three Torches.......well, I assume that is what they are....unless someone else knows differently. Basically there is a purply one, a green one with blue tips, and an Australian Golden one. The Purple and Green ones have been next to each other for just over a week and I cannot see any signs of warfare.

View attachment 48638
View attachment 48639
Wow!!! those are some good looking torch corals!! I love the Golden it shines in the pics and I believe I could use more yellow in my tank. I can see you have them close to the top of your tank while I have in the lower part, perhaps that is part of your success vs. my struggles.... Congrats my friend they look awesome.

If my torch can make it for 3 months healthy I will try to get another one.

Pancho75

Here is a pic with two great fishes who helped me to win the battle against the dinos months ago... they deserve the credit. [emoji41]
d58440308008b7abc7ed67f5f62522f1.jpg

Pancho75

This week the tank received 3 new fishes: 2 firefishes (2nd try) and one coral beauty, my original coral beauty jumped trough the Eihem Feeding Station and dried on the net cover.

I hope to have better luck with the firefishes, from the three I brought some months ago only one survived the female clown fish harassment and that is the reason why my clowns are in the LFS grounded to see if I can be successful this time.

No pics since I am in Tokyo...

Pancho75

I am afraid the coral beauty did not make it, the other 3 angels (flame and 2 pygmy) were bully him. I will leave the coral beauty idea for now.

The clowns will be re-inserted tomorrow, I hope they can get along with their old mates.

Nobbygas

I am afraid the coral beauty did not make it, the other 3 angels (flame and 2 pygmy) were bully him. I will leave the coral beauty idea for now.

The clowns will be re-inserted tomorrow, I hope they can get along with their old mates.

Sorry to hear about the Coral Beauty. As always though, different fish, different personalities. Mine is one of the more dominant fish in the tank. I can't imagine him being bullied by anyone.

Pancho75

I know, my old Coral Beauty used to be also the biggest bully until he jumped to his dead through the Eihem Feeding Station. I guess having now the Flame Angel made more difficult to introduce a new one.

I will slow down on fishes for a while and focus on corals.

Nobbygas

I have a Flame and a Coral, and they seem to get on ok. I did introduce them at around the same time, and they were both pretty small.

He jumped up through the Eheim Feeding Station? Wow !

Pancho75

Yes, that crazy buddy used the Station Feeding hole to jump! He jumped and then dried over the Red Sea Net. [emoji52]

Now the Feeding Station has its own net to avoid this to happen again...

Nobbygas

Yes, that crazy buddy used the Station Feeding hole to jump! He jumped and then dried over the Red Sea Net. [emoji52]

Now the Feeding Station has its own net to avoid this to happen again...

It wasn't until someone mentioned this on another thread, but have you tried pellets instead of flake in the auto feeder? This way, you can remove the feeding station, with the pellets just falling through the net.

Pancho75

It wasn't until someone mentioned this on another thread, but have you tried pellets instead of flake in the auto feeder? This way, you can remove the feeding station, with the pellets just falling through the net.
Yes, I feed pellets only now but I keep the feed station to make sure nothing goes into through the combs as I am not using timers in the pumps.

Now with the mini-net in the feeder it is ok, no one can jump but I have observed the fox face almost getting stock inside the station as he looks for more food, he is a pig!

Pancho75

The clown fishes are back in my DT after been grounded for 6 weeks to the LFS [emoji1787]....

I hope they will become better tank citizens this time. I will try to load a new video tonight.

Pancho75

Sorry I am one day late but I had to keep a promise to my son. The clownfishes are settling in without been jerks and the fire fishes are doing better, happy reef. [emoji41]

Last edited: