Pancho75

The Brenner Tunnel, connecting Austria to Italy, will be about 55 Kilometers long when complete. It will run under the Eastern Alps. They are not using any fancy boring machines to dig it out, just Apstasia. Just thought you needed to know.
OMG! are you kidding me? I didn’t know aptasia could dig! !!! I have buried aptasia several times with coral fixation paste and have maintained the tank aptasia-free, crossing fingers...

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

Vacations with the family in DC, good time. Really hot and humid here but very nice.
ddb4995b8b2bc3c4acf7dcf2426a1e20.heic

a01cbdd9fcdf6bcf26b4b35b15757282.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho75

I have been looking at the tank (yes I know... the cam) and unfortunately I have a bad bully. The six lines wrasse has turned very aggressive and is chasing and bitting the chromis, the pygmy angels and the blue tang. The fishes are showing damages in their fins. I knew it was risky to take a six lines and now my fishes are paying the price.

The final call has been made and a trap was set up, the bully will have to leave the tank. [emoji52]

Danreef

I have been looking at the tank (yes I know... the cam) and unfortunately I have a bad bully. The six lines wrasse has turned very aggressive and is chasing and bitting the chromis, the pygmy angels and the blue tang. The fishes are showing damages in their fins. I knew it was risky to take a six lines and now my fishes are paying the price.

The final call has been made and a trap was set up, the bully will have to leave the tank. [emoji52]

I always have 6 lines in my tanks and never a problem. The one I have today have been in the tank since the start (2013) and is an excellent guy.

Like humans, they are all different :).

Cheers
Daniel

Pancho75

I always have 6 lines in my tanks and never a problem. The one I have today have been in the tank since the start (2013) and is an excellent guy.

Like humans, they are all different :).

Cheers
Daniel
I do hope he behaves Daniel, he is not going into the trap to the point I quit ... hahaha

Last edited:

Pancho75

Finally after no action in weeks I decided to bought new tank inhabitants. 3 flame dart fishes and one gorgonian went into the tank. The fishes received some bullying from the ever angry pygmy angels but I hope they will be fine. I hope to be with the tank in a couple of weeks to decide if I buy more livestock. Sorry for the pic and video quality as everything is done with the remote web cam.
02818d3efb631b44b61bafd1aaa118e8.png

Pancho75

As I had issues with algae growing fast in the glass, I switched from the standard activated carbon to Seachem carbon the results are awesome! In 3 days the algae has not appear. I hope to have a nutrients reading done by tomorrow but I am already loving it.

Pancho75

I hoped and prepared the best I could but today I had a jumper... one of the flame gobies jumped and died, sad day. I have the Red Sea net cover but it did not stop this little fish, I guess he shoot directly in one of the net holes. Also I cannot see his two companions, I hope they are ok but it had been three days since I saw them, I know sometimes they hide but I have little hope now.

Nobbygas

I do love Ricordia. I have a lot of the Orange, and a fair amount of Green. I shall be buying some Blue in the next few weeks. I have a flattish 'plate' that is my Ricordia Garden. I find it is what I call a 'nuclear coral', in that no matter what mistakes I've made in the past with my tank, this stuff always thrives and grows.

Pancho75

Well, a lot happen this week as I am with the tank. Number one, the two clowns were temporally banished! lol, those two bullies decimated the firefishes I introduced, only one is alive today. The female clown was literally sitting on top of the firefish scape hole to starve him. Both are in the LFS and will come back in one week more.

Two, I as went to the LFS I bought a nice looking flame angelfish, he is awesome. I always wanted one, he was coldly received by the Coral Beauty in the beginning but it seems things are improving. Also I bought a Yellow Wrasse, he is really peaceful and was happily swimming immediately after introduction, I believe I needed more yellow in the tank. Now I have to decide between another acro or a monti, both are resting in a little frag rack in right corner of the tank, I just have to choose [emoji41].

Finally I installed the Enheim Feedding Station, to do so I had to trim the net but I believe it is ok, I mounted it in one of the net rails.

The Six Lines Wrasse is behaving so it is not in my blacklist anymore, I had to trim a monti that making too much shade and I think the Setosas and the Duncan are also ready to be fragmented, everything has grown so much! I like how the things are going.
812c428af28fbda0bae265728c5860f3.jpg
43a511848c45285e75f9c23b921f4dd6.jpg
0c1eb88cecc3ca081db4b6e5cd815400.jpg
33f41b8fd1f23fe302c758960d24fbf9.jpg
b47ce3e4e3facb2ad48624a47cf38ef9.jpg
c33e041335da1dc56a7e041743376bc5.jpg

Last edited: