Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

Willie McDaries

really bummed out about your tank Al, and sorry to hear you lost your old clownfish, major bummer there, I had a pair for about 4 years and they decided they didn't like being wet anymore and jumped, first the big female, then a month or so later the male, I have since replaced both but these 2 don't seem to like each other very much yet, and the small one is the mean one LOL

I may even try one of those new Vortech competitor's pumps I've been reading about.

if you're referring to the WP pumps from Jebao, I think you'll like 'em, it looks like a Tunze but works like the Vortech...

I've not tried one yet but from all the reviews, they look to be a great pump for a very low price, I've heard of only 1 issue where the power supply went bad and 1 the motor just died,the power supply is a cheap easy fix, a bad motor, I don't know, since they are from China, it may be difficult to get any warranty replacement or service but for the price, I think they're more than worth the risk..

they have the WP40 and a WP25 but a WP60 is in the works too....

here's the WP25 in action

[video=youtube;fYc1hZy5iV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYc1hZy5iV0[/video]

Willie McDaries

this is the WP60 in action

[video=youtube;0EZ7APkHWNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZ7APkHWNg[/video]

I'm thinking the WP60 would be perfect for a trolling motor on a bass boat LOL

Willie McDaries

here's my favorite of the 3 videos, it's 2 of the WP40s running synced on an Apex controller....and these can be made to operate with controllers with a little DIY savvy :)

[video=youtube;XmbM686VIJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmbM686VIJQ[/video]

catran

Doggone Al! I'm so sorry to hear about your tank. Hang in there bud!
I know what it's like. When I tried to save the nems in my 34g, I ended up crashing 2 tanks. I lost sooooo many corals and fish! Just try to be patient. Your tanks have always been beautiful. I know that you can get it back to a flourishing condition again soon. I wish I could help.

Lipman

I have the wp-25 and im loving it, no issues yet. My light sensor works perfect.
I like to use the random mode and wave 1 mode from time to time.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
WOW! What a trip down Memory Lane!!

Well I ended up putting this tank in storage in 2013 and we built a new home. My original intentions were to put this unit back up once in the new house but for whatever reason it never happened. It's neen in storage in my garage since we moved into the house in fall of 2014.

Well a couple of weeks ago I decided to research a new tank for the house (70ish gallons) and set this one up in our Man Cave. I've got the return pump, skimmer, heater, and GHL temp probe soaking in a Vinegar & Water bath. I've got all of the lights (Custom LED unit) working and I'm sending my GHL Profilux to a shop for a once-over and to get the firmware brought up to date.

Once it's back (maybe a couple of weeks) I'll start getting it all put back together and getting some "New" rock out of a storage box. I can't remember who I bought this "Premium Dry Rock" from back in 2013 but it should look pretty cool anyway. They picked it so I could build an ATOL in my tank now I just have to remember how it was designed to go together LOL.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Did i miss the pic?? :rolleyes2:
Good to see you back on the board!

LOL [emoji102]

It’s plain and dry but hopefully in a couple of weeks she’ll be full of sand, rock, and NaCl.

b0fd56e84f311f4b0eeaacdf1901ede9.jpg

Here’s the rock I’m trying to figure out a layout with
c995300744640f6608644288afd604ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

My first thought is that the sides of the biggest piece are a bit, well, straight? Any corals on the top will shade anything on the wall or bottom? Just a thought.