EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

SPR

Here is a quick video of what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!

I can see you have several patches of Xenia. It’s such a shame it spreads so much because it makes for beautiful movement in the system.

Does the downflow valve just pull out ? I assume there is a waterproof seal on it and I’m just worried about messing with it when it’s not easy to see ? When it’s not broke.....

I nearly purchased a spare a few days ago so I can look how it goes together.

emvanburen

You need not worry it is SUPER simple. The valve body is on the back and separates cleanly. The mechanism is a rubber sheet that mates to the vale body. The knob pushes that sheet into the valve body restricting flow. So when you take the back off, you get the knob and this rubber sheet and the housing. Just wipe the rubber sheet and reassemble. I didn’t even walk to the sink. I was really surprised - figured it would be a pain. It was not.

emvanburen

It’s a metric hex size. I would loosen the four bolts and be very careful that you don’t drop them. And when you take the second to last one out the valve back will twist as it hangs from the last bolt.

They are about an inch long and hefty so easy to keep hold of.

emvanburen

The Xenia battle continues. Tonight’s body count :
9873ae9c36290b1b872bab6e875d2f9f.jpg

emvanburen

63cf27fde05a9c289090542658486bae.jpg

With all the Xenia battles I must have gotten a bit aggressive. Decided to attack the back glass. It isn’t perfect yet but looks much better!

Have you all gotten the weirs out ? How does that work? Don’t want to snap a piece of plastic by accident.

SPR

63cf27fde05a9c289090542658486bae.jpg

With all the Xenia battles I must have gotten a bit aggressive. Decided to attack the back glass. It isn’t perfect yet but looks much better!

Have you all gotten the weirs out ? How does that work? Don’t want to snap a piece of plastic by accident.

The weirs just clip out/lift up in about 6 inch sections. I’ve been trying for about a year to get a spare set from Red Sea but am getting now where with it!

Once you get the back glass clean, just scrape it as soon as you see any white bits appearing and it’s much easier probably ever 2-3 weeks or so in mine.

emvanburen

I am. I like its idle feature that goes to 1% and prevents back siphon. Good for feed modes or other low flow occasions. Otherwise - it’s a pump...but orange!

3818646ff7ad6fbdea8c8ae6fad3bd3e.jpg

I hooked it to the slightly shortened flex hose with a few pvc fittings and a barb adapter. Was pretty easy but you will be glueing as the Union is slip on the top. It went reducing bushing, short pipe, female pipe adapter and male barb fitting.

ajkdark

Can I be a pest.
And ask, what the fittings were exactly and the sizes?
Particularly the male barb fitting?
I’m in Australia and I have just purchased the Cor 20. Awaiting its’ arrival. Can’t for the life of me. Visualise, how I’m going to plumb it!
Thanks in advance

emvanburen

Ok so the Union is 1 1/4 inch. You will need to go from that size slip to a barb. I got a 1 1/4 to 1 inch reducer. Then a piece of 1 inch pipe. Then a 1 inch female pipe coupling that gave me female threads. I screwed the barb fitting into that.

You could also buy a 1 1/4 to 1 inch slip to thread reducer and then screw the barb fitting into that.

Key point was i used the flex hose the tank has with the metric Union on the upper end. Didn’t change that at all.

emvanburen

The fitting on the end of the hose is glued in. I dipped it in hot water then used a screwdriver to pry it out.