Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Nobbygas

At the RAP Orlando show last week, apparently APEX were showing off APEX with integrated Alexa control ! Your problem here is that Alexa will have difficulties with your Northern accent. "Eeh by 'eck" is apparently beyond Alexa's undertstanding. She'll also have problems with 'turn off tuh skimmer lass" and "switch orf owt" will probably cause her to malfunction.

SPR

At the RAP Orlando show last week, apparently APEX were showing off APEX with integrated Alexa control ! Your problem here is that Alexa will have difficulties with your Northern accent. "Eeh by 'eck" is apparently beyond Alexa's undertstanding. She'll also have problems with 'turn off tuh skimmer lass" and "switch orf owt" will probably cause her to malfunction.
Your hilarious arn't you!!!!!!!!! not.....

Firstly, Nottinghamshire is in the midlands so we don't say "eeh by eck" or "eeh by gum" and things like that, so technically although its north of London we are not northerners so to speak. Nor do we say 'why eye pet"!

We may dress up in green tights and prance around like Robin Hood in the forests but apart from that we, well me anyway, speak the correct posh English Queens tongue!

And in any case I wouldn't trust Alexa as Siri is bad enough!

Pancho75

I really didn’t understand any of those expressions!!! are you sure you guys speak in English?

I wouldn’t blame Alexa if she quits on you. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SPR

I really didn’t understand any of those expressions!!! are you sure you guys speak in English?

I wouldn’t blame Alexa if she quits on you. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won’t translate very well into Mexican Pancho, it’s an English accent thing, primarily from the North of England.

You could try though. Look up Geordie accent if you get bored. And that’s not how I speak! Lol.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

30 Dialects of the English language in the UK
:cheers:
always enjoy learning about our mates from across the pond !

ya' all come back, ya hear, southern belle Gone with the Wind speaking here not quite like New York ;)

Last edited:

emvanburen

You are making my morning better! That and coffee, and winning the latest skirmish with my Xenia and not killing the family!

I’ve been using Apex fusion recurring tasks to stay on top of this beast and have found them really effective. As long as you don’t skip!

Love that blennie! We have a black one I call the Midnight Rambler. Hard to photograph however.

I just decided to drop alk to those same lower levels. Hopefully will get better color. My po4 is under .05 w my chaeto and gfo. Agree - can’t imagine running about .1. Too much algal growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SPR

Anybody notice anything in this BRS Video! Lol

I hope I’m going to get some free Reef Energy from Red Sea or something for advertising!

Infact @RedSeaKev you can send me that spare set off rear overflow combs I’ve been trying to order for the last year! Lol

For those of you who get bored easily it’s around 30 seconds and 6.40

Last edited:

SPR

I did my usual water tests yesterday and the Alkalinity was showing 6.5 dKH. I was it’s usual 8 last week although Calcium was a little low at 400

I have a large coral growing (name to follow but it’s a ‘green un’!) and I’m starting to think the calcium and Alkalinity usage is increasing as the coral gets bigger. I have a few frags of it in the tank and they are all growing like crazy to the point I may have to ‘prune’ them severely.

I’ve topped up the Alkalinity and also increased the daily dosage and I’ll check it again in a few days.

The Mg is 1600 again. I don’t dose it so it must be coming from the Red Sea standard salt i use.

I tried a new tinned fish food this week from Arcadia. I’ve used it about 3 times this week and when I tested the phosphate it was 0.13 despite me having changed the Rhowaphos 7 days ago! I’ll test is again with the Alkalinity and see if it’s gone back down. I'll stop using this for the time being I think!

Last edited:

Nobbygas

I've noticed the same thing sometimes. The Alk and Calc can go down, and without anything being added/dosed, the Mag goes up !
I think it's Voodoo Magic. It's the only logical explanation.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I've noticed the same thing sometimes. The Alk and Calc can go down, and without anything being added/dosed, the Mag goes up !
I think it's Voodoo Magic. It's the only logical explanation.
Ive just tried to read up on the relationship between Calcium Alkalinity and Magnesium. Now I have a headache!! lol

I agree, we shall just call it Voodoo Magic as clearly its the only logical explanation!