Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Courtney

I will start dosing the polyp lab medic tonight and do my water change tomorrow and sort my uv out and just keep feeding him vitamin enriched food to keep his immune system strong.

This is a picture of him and I defiantly think it is white spot.

d7c2f3414e3ac173bd8f839435c3844e.jpg

Pat24601

I can’t really tell the difference between the parasites well, but it sure looks like Marine Ich to me. Then again, I’ve only seen pictures of flukes never first hand, but I think those look longer and bigger.

If you decide to take your fish out and do a hospital tank treatment let me know. I just successfully treated for Marine Ich and I’ve researched the heck out of it.

Courtney

I will have a look into the ginger root and give it a try if he doesn't improve. I'm soaking noir in Seachem garlic, aquaforaet garlic oil, selcon and vitachem which I have been giving him so that should help keep his immune system up. I have started dosing polyp lab medic and got my uv on as well.

I did think about a hospital tank but thought it might just stress him out trying to catch him then treating him with copper. Most of the time I have just left them and fed them well and all goes well but I know that in the past he had white spot at the store and it didn't seam to phase him at all and he just recovered so hoping he does it again but will keep you all updated on how he gets on.

Oxylebius

I wouldn't rely on UV. There are MANY postings online and articles written about the topic, just do an internet search on it to find them. The UV systems on the market for most aquariums are sized in general to kill waterborne bacteria and viruses and are not strong enough to have a significant impact on ich. And the larger UV systems would only affect one of the life stages of ich, the free floating, and only those which actually make it into the UV system, not all of them. There are more effective ways to kill and keep ich out of your system.

Courtney

Got a question to ask about my purple tang. His white spot is much better and I'm just over half way through treatment so that is great but I have noticed that one of his eyes is cloudy and slightly enlarged. Now is this because of the white spot or is this another infection as if it is what is the best treatment for it as the only other meds I have is
anti bacterial and parazoryne but don't know if this will help and is safe to mix with the polyplab medic as I don't want him to loose his eye.

f44453f69d1f94ba94df8d1be03cad89.jpg

Last edited:

Nobbygas

If you don't mind me asking, how much do those frags generally cost in the UK? (I realize that some will be more expensive than others though). Looking at the size of them, I'd calculate that they'd cost about forty quid each in Germany.

Courtney

The most of the frags were £13-£14 the most expensive being £25 so not that bad really and there each around 3-4cm in size and some I got for £5-£10. Depending on where I go I sometimes get some deals if I buy so many at a time.

Courtney

Damn is it really that expensive in German for corals? As I would have thought they would have been around a similar price if not a tiny bit more expensive.

Courtney

Hi guys was wondering if anyone had or is using the balling method as I have had a lot of customers at work who own Reef tanks say that they use this for getting all there levels right and it is easier than other methods out there as I was looking at the Tropic Marin sets of 3 powders or liquids. So just wondering what you guys think or if you have any better methods as I'm using Brightwell Aquatics liquids but it is hard to get hold of.

These are the links to the Tropic Marin powder and liquid.

http://www.tropic-marin.com/minerals/original-balling-components/?lang=en

http://www.tropic-marin.com/minerals/original-balling-liquid-set-refill-set/?lang=en

discol76

I am a fan of the balling lite method. I dosed manually on my last tank but getting a doser on my next set up. A little bit of work I g out on what your tank uses to start with but quite simple after that. Lovely tank by the way, I hope your Purple Tang recovers well.

discol76

I used the fauna marin powders to make up the solutions. Give it a Google, there is lots of info about it. I just stuck to the basic info about it and it kept my parameters perfect.