Broken On Delivery!!!

Mike Bivens

Just opened up the crate for my new Red Sea 650 Max s led so excited to finally get it after 3 months of deliberating what take I should buy. Well what a buzz kill... the back wall of the inside is broken.IMG_5575.jpg :wah: What will I need to do with Red Sea to get it replaced? Put everything back in the creat or take everything out and they will just replace the tank itself? I know its nobody's fault but just bummed I will have to wait another week or 2. But in the meantime I can build the frame and everything if I am keeping everything but the tank. Any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks
Mike-

Pat24601

Just opened up the crate for my new Red Sea 650 Max s led so excited to finally get it after 3 months of deliberating what take I should buy. Well what a buzz kill... the back wall of the inside is broken.View attachment 48080 :wah: What will I need to do with Red Sea to get it replaced? Put everything back in the creat or take everything out and they will just replace the tank itself? I know its nobody's fault but just bummed I will have to wait another week or 2. But in the meantime I can build the frame and everything if I am keeping everything but the tank. Any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks
Mike-

This sucks, but contact them and I’m sure they will tell you what you need to do to make it right. I definitely have confidence they will get it taken care of.

Pancho75

Sorry to hear that, contact them, they will need pics and maybe video and will ask you the tank serial number (it is in the back where the return valve is) but they will replace it. In my case one of the finishers was scratched and they replace it with no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Just opened up the crate for my new Red Sea 650 Max s led so excited to finally get it after 3 months of deliberating what take I should buy. Well what a buzz kill... the back wall of the inside is broken.View attachment 48080 :wah: What will I need to do with Red Sea to get it replaced? Put everything back in the creat or take everything out and they will just replace the tank itself? I know its nobody's fault but just bummed I will have to wait another week or 2. But in the meantime I can build the frame and everything if I am keeping everything but the tank. Any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks
Mike-
Mike, sorry to hear you have a problem, submit the following https://www.redseafish.com/tech-support-form-p-c/ Red Sea USA will be in touch.

Mike Bivens

After we pulled out the rest of the boxes with the help of the flash light I noticed anther big crack on the out side back where it looks like a forklift punchered the crate. It definitely happened during shipping, The way Red Sea packed it there was no way it could break unless some dumb shit on a forklift was not paying attention, IMG_5579.jpg

Mike Bivens

Shit happens... But just like in my company, Its not how it happen, It's how it can be fixed... And worry about how it happened after its fixed. We will see how they address the situation. I did buy the tank thru BRS and they have been very responsive like usual. But lets see what Red Sea does, Only time will tell.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you want to call number below, may help speed up resolution !

It's a bummer... but sure Red Sea will ship a new one very soon, they have Great Customer Service.

Red Sea contact details for Customer care/tech support in the USA.

The new email address for all USA & Canada technical inquiries or product issues is: usa.info@redseafish.com

U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

Mike Bivens

If you want to call number below, may help speed up resolution !

It's a bummer... but sure Red Sea will ship a new one very soon, they have Great Customer Service.

Red Sea contact details for Customer care/tech support in the USA.

The new email address for all USA & Canada technical inquiries or product issues is: usa.info@redseafish.com

U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

Thanks I will call Monday when everyone is back in the office. Do you know if they will be replacing the entire unit or just the tank... dosn't make any sense to replace everything .. also because I went ahead and built the frame to where the tank need to be on it to level, Don't want to disassemble and I doubt I could figure out how to re-pack everything,
Thanks for the Red Sea #
Mike-

Pat24601

Thanks I will call Monday when everyone is back in the office. Do you know if they will be replacing the entire unit or just the tank... dosn't make any sense to replace everything .. also because I went ahead and built the frame to where the tank need to be on it to level, Don't want to disassemble and I doubt I could figure out how to re-pack everything,
Thanks for the Red Sea #
Mike-

There is no way I can speak for them, but I’d expect them just to replace the tank. That’s what they’ve done on similar issues. Plus, it’s easier for everyone.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Over the years... Red Sea worked great with everyone - I bet they will take care of you & you won't have to ship back the stand. Threads like this start out bad... when the freight companies are careless, then turn out great (besides the of time waiting) Red Sea has a great reputation for customer servcie from all the post I have read over the years.

Mike Bivens

Well I got an e-mail today From Red Sea... And now I know why I spent the amount I did on the tank, With everything... you get what you pay for. Red Sea is sending me out a new tank. No insurance forms, No questions, No hassle, Basically just very sorry it happened which it wasn't there fault in the first place, (shipping company) But that is exactly what I was hoping was going to happen. They will be sending me a new tank in a day or so. Thank you Red Sea for the great customer service.
Mike -

Last edited:

Pancho75

Well I got an e-mail today From Red Sea... And now I know why I spent the amount I did on the tank, With everything... you get what you pay for. Red Sea is sending me out a new tank. No insurance forms, No questions, No hassle, Basically just very sorry it happened which it wasn't there fault in the first place, (shipping company) But that is exactly what I was hoping was going to happen. They will be sending me a new tank in a day or so. Thank you Red Sea for the great customer service.
Mike -
Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Bivens

Todays the day that the replacement comes in. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Also as for the original tank with the crack in the center wall. Its shame to throw it in the trash. If someone used it for freshwater it would work. I think.... Its still in the create. But I have Burtec waste coming tomorrow to pick it up... any suggestions other then throwing it in the trash????

DaveK

Once you have a cracked tank, it's got to be repaired before it can be used. The cost of the piece of glass is often more than the original price of the tank. It's also a massive amount of work to remove the bad piece of glass and install a new one.

You might give it away if someone wanted it for a planter or willing to invest the time and effort to repair it. However, I think your better off just getting rid of it.

Pat24601

Once you have a cracked tank, it's got to be repaired before it can be used. The cost of the piece of glass is often more than the original price of the tank. It's also a massive amount of work to remove the bad piece of glass and install a new one.

You might give it away if someone wanted it for a planter or willing to invest the time and effort to repair it. However, I think your better off just getting rid of it.

I concur