e170 power center-no power

Susanedw

I just inherited my dau's RS Max E170 and was trying to test the led light and I cannot get any power to the power center. Tried plugging something else in there and nope, no juice. Is there a fuse that might need replacing?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Susan, There should be a little white reset button covered with a rubber dome at the end of the switch row on the power centre, this may need resetting, if it trips again immediately there is a fault on one of the devices, unplug them all, plug them back in one at a time until you find the culprit. Hope this helps.

Susanedw

You're right. I had tried pressing that but nothing happened. Hubby gave it a good push and it clicked. All is well <g>

Susanedw

@RedSeaKev where can I order a o ring/seal for this tank--the one that on the front side where the return pump (against glass) was totally stuck and torn. Have the pieces all clean and put back together but now there is a big gap <g> (tried not to remove that piece to try to save the seal but it got knocked out)

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Susan. if it is just the seal you require try
R40368 Outlet Nozzle Seal Max-S/C Reefer a picture would be useful so I can confirm.

Susanedw

the seal is or was stuck inside this piece with some of it on the outside of the glass where I suspect it was supposed to be. The piece was barely holding onto the glass by part of the seal but it got knock off so now needs replacing. I've dug out most of the seal from the inner groove of the piece. The seal was literally in many pieces. If I just need the seal, any idea who might carry it. Haven't found anywhere online yet
20180216_094537_resized.jpg 20180216_094559_resized.jpg

Susanedw

okay, done. Called and RS is shipping the assembly to me. Can't believe there are no vendors out there selling parts! Might be nice if RS put up a page on their website of all individual parts and part number for ease of locating replacements <g>

thanks Kev