Redsea Max S400 issue with fresh water float

adamsfour

Hello,
I have the S400 Red Sea Max. Its been in service basically since you first released it and has been outstanding. Recently I seem to have having a recurring issue where the freshwater float appears to stop delivering water on demand. I change the float but the problem re-appeared. I assume it particles clogging either the float or the needle value (it was changed also). I assume I am not the first to report this. Can someone recommend how to resolve. The tank is outstanding and it has given virtually no problems other than the normal problem associated with the hobby. Thanks in advance for the help.

SPR

From my experience with this same issue:

Firstly you need to make sure the RODI water has no particles in it otherwise you will have a recurring issue if the water you are putting in has particles to block up the valves and tubes which contain small holes.

If you have a blockage in the float valve somewhere, attach a piece of similar hose or silicone tubing into the hose near the float valve and blow through it which should clear the blockage. This happened on my Max S 650 and no issues since (although I now use a Tunze Osmolator as primary auto top off).

It's not an attractive prospect blowing into the sump hosing but it should clear any blockages but you also need to make sure the water in the rear tank is pure with no particles.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Adam, you may want to consider flushing the R/O storage, not the easiest of jobs but if you do have solids or reside in the storage this issue will simply continue until it is clean, use a length of tube the same size as used on the float valve attach it to the outlet and pour R/O in to flush to drain, you may even need to consider removing the cap and flush but you'll need to make a shoot of some kind to catch the water plus its very tricky due to the confined space.