New RSM S 650 LED

Improvize

Hi everyone. I bought a 4 month old established RSM S 650 LED and have a question about ATO. I want to use a much better ATO system than the build in float but with the reservoir being higher than the sump, how can I set it up? Something like the Tunze Osmolator would be perfect but as far as I know it doesn't cut the water off, just the pump. So it would keep flowing by gravity. Obviously I want to use the build in reservoir but how can I use something like the Tunze Osmolator? Cheers.

Oh, my reason is that my ATO rate can't maintain 8 inches in the return chamber with the notches on the float. It's either lower than 8 inches, or higher.

Improvize

This is my setup by the way. First setup/cycled and established by the previous owner in March 2017. Bought by me and moved (40min by road, including 80% of the water!) just over three weeks ago.

Display Tank

Ambient light - sitting Room

Ambient light - whole setup.

Relaxing and enjoying it.

Ambient light - late night so bed time!

ajkdark

Hi,

The float is not set right. The ATO will maintain the correct level, easily.

Have you adjusted the float angle, by unscrewing the screw? And adjusting it to a new notch angle?

Cheers

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS beautiful tank !

IMG_2002.jpg

SPR

Hi and welcome!

I've got the Tunze in my 2016 Max S 650 and it works perfectly. But not using the rear chamber since as you realise it's higher than the sump. I have a 100 litre water reservoir (plastic box!!) under the power centre and just use the inbuilt rear tank and ATO as back up for the Tunze

You will find that the rear RO chamber only last 3-4 days ish depending on evaporation and the reason I installed Tunze with the large reservoir is to cover holidays and mine will last at least 2 weeks and then fall onto the inbuilt for 3-5 days on top.

If you see my build thread you can see some pictures somewhere of the 'box' but if you need anymore pointers let me know.

Improvize

Hi and welcome!

I've got the Tunze in my 2016 Max S 650 and it works perfectly. But not using the rear chamber since as you realise it's higher than the sump. I have a 100 litre water reservoir (plastic box!!) under the power centre and just use the inbuilt rear tank and ATO as back up for the Tunze

You will find that the rear RO chamber only last 3-4 days ish depending on evaporation and the reason I installed Tunze with the large reservoir is to cover holidays and mine will last at least 2 weeks and then fall onto the inbuilt for 3-5 days on top.

If you see my build thread you can see some pictures somewhere of the 'box' but if you need anymore pointers let me know.

Thanks. Saw that. I have a chiller there though.

SPR

As a matter of interest why has the water level got to be exactly 8 inches ?

SPR

It's what I was told it should be in order to avoid sump flooding in the event of both a power and RODI chamber failure.

It says 8 inches in the instructions but it doesn't need to be exact within an inch or so, as long as you don't overfill it. When the main pump is off, the water floods the sump but only until the display level reaches the overflow and then it stops.

If the RODI chamber fails you don't need to worry about flooding the sump as it will be all over your floor!