Foam overflow fix for Eshoops' PSK-75H or 100H HOB Protein Skimmer

Kendall B

So if you own a Eshoops' PSK-75H or 100H Protein Skimmer you know all to well how sensitive these skimmers are to control foam overflow. You hear people say things like "you gotta find the sweet spot " or "you have to wait until is broken in". Well I have had mine for a while and I still have it overflow on me daily and no luck finding the sweet spot. The only thing that worked was putting the back tip of a "BIC" pen in the air intake which stopped the overflow.. but doesn't create enough little bubbles to skim. So I lucked up and opened an old air pump box I had from my fresh water days and found this gem.. this little valve goes into the plastic air hose and you can adjust how much air gets sucked in by your air pump. I attached it to the skimmer air intake line and BBOOM. Out comes those fine little bubbles and I control how much sir gets sucked in whether I want to dry skim or wet skim. It comes with most simple air pumps. Hope this trick works for you. Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Those work great - two little fishies make a great one too, I have seen several member use with success :clownfish:

Two Little Fishies Micro_Valve_Barb

Two-Little-Fishies-Micro-Valve-Barb-x-Barb-(1-Per-Pack)-1.jpg

Last edited: