My new 500max led build

Nobbygas

Wow, I've just watched the video! What a carry-on !
I have read that a lot of people test for Alk and Mag, and if those two are ok, then they don't bother testing for Calc as it will be ok as well, as the three elements are 'connected'.
I may be wrong.....I frequently am :yup:

Whitey1973

I would always test for calcium personally, as your reef grows or as you add to it your calcium consumption will go up, I'll have to look into it but I thought alk and cal were linked??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitey1973

I have been looking at the Clarisea SK15
8680eaf781456b8f19d44c0561f9b94b.png

I emailed the company to see if it would fit in my redsea max 500 sump, they said to try a forum as they have not tried it in this type of sump, so can anyone help? Has anyone got one?

SPR

I haven't heard of them but why do you want/need one of those out of interest?

If your getting debris in the sump, I've found in the last month or so (I'm a bit slow like that!lol) just to change the filter socks every 2 or max 3 days and it pretty much stops it. If the socks overflow it goes into the sump.

I use the 225 micron mesh socks, and I also have some 100 and 50 micron mesh if you want super clear but they need changing every other day or daily for the 50's. The 225 are Red Sea ones mainly but the latest have all been of eBay and are basically the same.

PS
  • Footprint: 22cm x 16cm x 45cm (8.66" x 6.3" x 17.7") (w x d x h)
I've seen something similar before with the rolling fleece, I think on eBay from Germany and can see the idea etc

Last edited:

Whitey1973

Currently I have filter socks and have filter wool where my carbon should be, if not changed it can make the water back up, yes I know your going to tell me to stop being lazy but I just fancy one of these that automatically advances when the flow drops, it's not that I need one it's just that I need to feed my spending addiction [emoji23]

Nobbygas

Currently I have filter socks and have filter wool where my carbon should be, if not changed it can make the water back up, yes I know your going to tell me to stop being lazy but I just fancy one of these that automatically advances when the flow drops, it's not that I need one it's just that I need to feed my spending addiction [emoji23]

I can help you with your spending addiction....It's my birthday in November :yup:

Reactions: SPR

Whitey1973

Well it's my birthday today so I thought I'd treat myself, why not your only 21 once!!!!!!

So I've brought myself the Neptune apex I've just set it up and will post some pics later

Oh and my local LFS had 2 female and one male masked swallow tail angels just come in.... yep you guessed it I brought all 3!!!! They look stunning and finish my stocking level off a treat, I will also post some pics later as they have only just gone in and are a bit shy at the minute

Whitey1973

I've only had it up an running for just over a day and I'm loving it so far, I've only just scratched the surface with it, really easy to set up, want to eventually get the ATK and DOS so fully automated, don't think the ATK is available in the uk yet!!!I'll keep you posted

SPR

Well you've don't it now haven't you!!!!! I want an Apex and I want it NOW! Lol

I've spent this morning reading again and I think my patience may just snap anytime soon especially when you start showing off with it!

Nobbygas

Well you've don't it now haven't you!!!!! I want an Apex and I want it NOW! Lol

I've spent this morning reading again and I think my patience may just snap anytime soon especially when you start showing off with it!
Whoa...hold on there fella ! I haven't got my Blue Throated Triggers yet, so I'm struggling to keep up with you !