Jaebo Wavemaker pairs and their included controllers

Squatch XXL

I was looking at a pair of jaebo wavemakers that have the included controller. They seem to "connect" with each other so that one controller runs them both and it seems very basic. Is there a function that would cause them to run opposite of eachother or do they just do the same things?

Is there a controller/wavemaker setup that would run opposite of eachother without getting into extra hardware and software?

DaveK

What you want to do here is check out the manufacturers web site and see if you can find the user manual on the pumps you want. Then check it to see how programmable they are.

Squatch XXL

I found specifically that the PP series seem to work in tandem. There is a "C" mode which causes alternating run. I picked up a pair of pp-15 for my 3' tank. I can ditch the 425gph powerheads, and get some good ocean motion going on.

Thanks @DaveK I did download a manual and found a couple models do offer the features I want, but most of them were out of stock or out of my price. The PP-15 were really out of my range, but I do see these as an investment. If they last 2 years, Ill be happy. I really want the ones that have the wet side/dry side, but they are so god awful expensive that I don't even bother learning their name. If I could have found another one of the 90s era Taam controllers that I have now Id have stopped right there lol.

DaveK

Your going to find that most of the fully controllable pumps and controllers tend to be very expensive. I still hate to think about how much I spent on mine. However, nothing gives you better random flow patterns.

What your looking at with the PP-15's are a comparative bargain. Maybe not quite as fancey, but a lot less expensive.

Squatch XXL

What your looking at with the PP-15's are a comparative bargain. Maybe not quite as fancey, but a lot less expensive.
This is the happy medium that I had to settle with.

I won't say that this will be the most expensive WM that I buy ever, but I will give this a year or so to figure out what I like and don't. I think part of the appeal of this hobby is that there are 12,000+ ways to micro manage small ecosystems, but the cost starts shooting up after the basics. My imagination is directly grounded by my checkbook lol.

I am currently using some generic TAAM "controller" which is a basic on/duration off/duration dual knob 90s throwback. I am hoping that with these 2x pp-15 that I wont need any more powerheads/pumps etc in the DT. ONE of them should easily make more water motion then entire setup of 4 pumps/powerheads.