HELP! Auto feeders

Whitey1973

Dose anyone know of a auto feeder that allows you to feed frozen foods? If not which is the best feeder out on the market

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I don't know of any auto feeder that allows you feed frozen food.

As to what is the best auto feeder, in my opinion the answer is "false". In other words there are no auto feeders that really work very well long term, and I can not recommend the use of an auto feeder on a SW reef because you can only use dry foods.

More to the point, what fish do you have and how do you plan to use the auto feeder? Is this for a short vacation or something you want to do long term?

Whitey1973

I was planning on long term as I work long shifts at the minute so feeding patterns are a bit all over the place at the minute

SPR

Its not for frozen food but ive got the JBL Autofeeder in black. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

It was recommended by my LFS when I got my first tank and it works well but you can only use dry food. You can program multiple feeds, days etc and very easy to use and set up.

You fill it up or you can fasten a JBL food carton in the top of it for longer periods or for extra food.

I don't use it that often as I have someone to feed most of the time but I got it for last minute trips just in case.

You can't feed frozen food with it so only dry pellets.

Whitey1973

Its not for frozen food but ive got the JBL Autofeeder in black. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

It was recommended by my LFS when I got my first tank and it works well but you can only use dry food. You can program multiple feeds, days etc and very easy to use and set up.

You fill it up or you can fasten a JBL food carton in the top of it for longer periods or for extra food.

I don't use it that often as I have someone to feed most of the time but I got it for last minute trips just in case.

You can't feed frozen food with it so only dry pellets.
Like the look of it thanks for that, I think I'm going to have a go at making one using a dosing pump and pump thawed shrimp in RO water from a container, I'll let you know how I get on

SPR

Like the look of it thanks for that, I think I'm going to have a go at making one using a dosing pump and pump thawed shrimp in RO water from a container, I'll let you know how I get on

You could do that but maybe you need to watch it remaining fresh and stop it rotting? Let us know how you get on though - will be interesting!

Whitey1973

My idea would only be for a days worth and I am thinking of using a small cooler box as the container, yep I'll keep you posted

ReefDudes

I have seen a few diy ones using and apex dos and a wine chiller to keep the frozen food chilled and the dos to suck out and back flush

yungreefer2410

The reefsicle is very interesting, I like the idea of it. But it is simply much too large and unsightly for me haha. I wouldn't want that looming over my tank. UNless of course I had a canopy and could hide it