HELP! Need your help and opinion on what tank to start with!

Hi everyone. I have owned SW tanks in the past (Red Sea Max) and consider myself an intermediate hobbyists. I want to get back into the hobby and I want my tank to have some fish, corals and inverts. I can't decide which tank to purchase so I need your help. I don't want anything more than a 20 gal tank...my 3 options are;

Biocube 16
Pros: At a price of about $550 ($250 Biocube 16, $100 stand, $50 protein skimmer, and $100 auto top off), its the most inexpensive option.
Cons: Not too fond of the shape of the tank.

Innovative Marine Fusion 20
Pros: Like the look of the tank.
Cons: Would need to purchase LED light, protein skimmer, stand and auto top off (around $600).
***can someone suggest all the accessories I would need to buy for this tank set up?

Red Sea Max Nano
Pros: In my opinion, best all in one.
Cons: Too expensive ($900)
*** if the $900 price tag is worth it, then I would highly consider it.

Please share your thoughts!

DaveK

First, figure out more or less what you want to keep in the tank. "I want my tank to have some fish, corals and inverts" doesn't really define very much. Figure out exactly what kinds of livestock your going to keep. Then let that drive the tank selection.

The tanks your looking at are only going to be able to hold one or two small fish. Are you going to be content with that? If not, consider a much larger tank.

Don't pick the tank size first. You might find it too small for the fish and other livestock you want to keep.

I'm ok with 1 or 2 fish. Looking more at shrimp, crabs, snails, etc.... I've had bigger tanks before but want to go small for now. Maybe down the road I'll get a big tank again. I completely understand what I'm getting into with a smaller tank.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rini

As I mentioned in your other topic. I would go for the red sea.
Personally I find it the best looking of the 3 you pointed out. And further I really like the support of Red Sea.

If money is an issue then probably I would go for Marine Fusion 20

As I mentioned in your other topic. I would go for the red sea.
Personally I find it the best looking of the 3 you pointed out. And further I really like the support of Red Sea.

If money is an issue then probably I would go for Marine Fusion 20
So what I am getting at is stay away from Biocube...
For the Marine Fusion 20, if I were to purchase the package that comes with the LED lights, what else would I need to buy?

Whitey1973

I'm a redsea man all the way but that's just my opinion.... do you really want to go nano then upgrade?? I to thought go small and work up, and after spending quite a bit of money I upgraded to a RSM 500 and wish I'd have gone big in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calde2024

I've owned a IM lagoon 25 and it's such a nice tank and really liked the quality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk