Back after 25 years.... has anything changed?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

When you get your new tank start a thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

I bet you will love the new E260

DaveK

Welcome back. If you haven't been following the hobby at all for those 25 years, consider any knowledge you once had to be suspect, and double check everything. So much has changed, mostly for the better, and many of the ways that were once considered correct are now obsolete and replaced by something much better.

Some of the fish and corals that were considered impossible 25 years ago can now be kept. Lighting and filtration have seen major changes and improvements. Your biggest problem will be choosing from all the possible options out there.

DaveK

I would think technology has changed quite a bit in 25 years, but the old-school way of doing things I'm sure still works too. Welcome!

In looking back, yes the old was worked, but not nearly as well as the more modern way do. Not only that, the new ways are often a lot less expensive when you consider long term costs. It's kind of like having a 25 year old personal computer, it might still run perfectly, but it's really slow and clunky compared with what is available today.

djpensive

In looking back, yes the old was worked, but not nearly as well as the more modern way do. Not only that, the new ways are often a lot less expensive when you consider long term costs. It's kind of like having a 25 year old personal computer, it might still run perfectly, but it's really slow and clunky compared with what is available today.

As long as the computer is the clunky thing and not my tank, I'll be happy!

I guess that means that Rab should keep the tank in the more modern ways, but I think by going with a Red Sea it's kind of hard not to...

Last edited:

DaveK

Nope, nothing has changed in my tank. :D

Welcome.

Paul, your system has so much unique stuff that no one else has. This makes it really difficult for anyone to tell if we are seeing old unique stuff or new unique stuff. (grin)

ATXreefer

I also am jumping back in after 15 years out. Looking forward to learning and using all the new stuff! I have a Re Sea Max E260 with lower sump, pukani rock, Apex Neptune controller all arriving tomorrow!

Yahoo!