Can someone please explain the difference between Reefer Nano and Max Nano?

I went on the Red Sea website but still can't figure it out. It looks like the reefer tank has a sump and the max has the filter behind the tank...do they both come with the same lighting, and other components? If someone can detail the differences I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
The simple difference being in the case of Reefer Nano there is no equipment supplied so you would need a return pump, flow, skimming and lighting.

The Max Nano you have the flow, skimming and lighting, all that is needed is a heater.

The simple difference being in the case of Reefer Nano there is no equipment supplied so you would need a return pump, flow, skimming and lighting.

The Max Nano you have the flow, skimming and lighting, all that is needed is a heater.

Thank you! Which system is newer?

Does anyone here have the Max Nano? Would you recommend it? I'm having a hard time justifying the $900 price tag, when I can get almost the same thing but a little smaller Biocube 16 gal for $300.
If it's worth 3 times the price then I am good with getting it.

Rini

For me a few things are important. Support, support and support and how does the thing look. My personal experience with Red Sea is that the support is perfect and they have good looking tanks. For me that is worth the money.

Personally I would go for the Nano, but I'm more of an All in one person anyway. Open the box put together and go.
I have an C-250 no additional hardware added. Still the same as it came out of the box.

For me a few things are important. Support, support and support and how does the thing look. My personal experience with Red Sea is that the support is perfect and they have good looking tanks. For me that is worth the money.

Personally I would go for the Nano, but I'm more of an All in one person anyway. Open the box put together and go.
I have an C-250 no additional hardware added. Still the same as it came out of the box.

How long have you had it? I had the RSM 250, and the 130D. I was able to put up with them for about 2 years each before I gave up (algae and almost every coral would die). I hear the new systems are easier and better due to the LED lighting. I'm not saying I want a tank that will function without me spending some time maintaining, but looking for something that will work as stated.

mr_tap_water

I'm not trying to be funny here but having a up-to-date system with all the bells doesn't mean you won't get Algae problems that problem usually lies with something basic.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rini

2 years now. No algae issue here. Used close to 2 year the tl5 lights. Switched last week 4 tl5 bulbs for led bulbs. I am hybrid now.