HELP! Rsm 650 led light wiring

emvanburen

How are the power supplies meant to be run? The manual is a little unclear. Do they all come down the left arm and down the back? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

They basically hang down the back of the tank, 2 on each side having fed the wires through the cable channels.

I know, not very good design really but you can't see them.

Nobbygas

I have all four on my s-650 going out the same way, via the left as you look at the tank. The problem still exists as to what to do with the PSU's, as having them just hanging out the back is not ideal.

DaveK

You can easily handle mounting power supplies like that. Get some heavy duty Velcro at your local hardware store. Use a couple of pieces of that, and you can attach the power supply to almost any smooth, flat surface.

I recommend you mount them inside the stand, if possible. This keeps most salt splash from getting on them.

Nobbygas

If you have a look on my build thread you'll see I built a dead simple little three sided unit to fit into the chiller area. The chiller can still fit in there, but it provides a nice shelf/top to rest the PSU's on, and also the Doser can be housed on it as well. It cost about 5 English Pounds !
index.php

emvanburen

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's an elegant AIO design and we have bricks hanging off the back? The way I have the cables now, most bricks would fit into the power center. However the farthest right one just won't make it in when the drawer is out. So no go. If you all have this problem then ok - I will deal. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emvanburen

If you have a look on my build thread you'll see I built a dead simple little three sided unit to fit into the chiller area. The chiller can still fit in there, but it provides a nice shelf/top to rest the PSU's on, and also the Doser can be housed on it as well. It cost about 5 English Pounds !
index.php
That is a great design. Let's the dosing lines run and still have storage! And the bricks can sit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

That is a great design. Let's the dosing lines run and still have storage! And the bricks can sit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep. All four PSU's (bricks) sit on the top of the unit.
Yep, the Dosing lines run up and through the small gap at the front/top of the compartment. I then run them under the top of the Sump compartment, inside the doors, and use sunction cup clips to hold them up, and hidden. They then re-emerge over on the right hand side of the Sump compartment, and run down and feed into the Return Pump section.