Terry's Sedsea e max 260

Hi all I'm just setting up my second reef tank after a 5 year break. It's all coming back to me the thing I need to do can't believe how technology has come forward since 5 years ago and coral s you can buy in the U.K. Now . So my plan for my new tank is
1/1/2 inch sand bed ultra live rock 25 kilo which will sit on two 12 inch Perspex rods with a Perspex base plate in the centre of the tank with some rock work in between them
Going to keep sps lps maybe a clam.
Fish will be some clown fish 2 purple doty backs midds blenny .
10 turbo snails
2 cleaner shrimp
2 hermit crabs
My tank is still filling up with my Ro
Any tips welcome
Might need some help with my lights as led lights are new to me i have set the app up on my phone and paired to them cool that is

Attachments

• IMG_6411.JPG
    IMG_6411.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6460.JPG
    IMG_6460.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

mr_tap_water

Snails and hermit crabs it's best to choose one or the other IMO the hermit crabs will take a liking to yours snails and you end up with no snails within a short time,
the cleaner shrimps will more or less do the same job as a hermit crabs,
With the fish is best to stick to one dotty back as these can be very territorial and aggressive to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi filled my tank up at last. I have turned the pumps on and the pumps are pumping to much water out of the rear sump and not making a gargling sound and pumping big bubbles in the main tank any help on this

mr_tap_water

Sounds like you need to slow the flow down Haven't got a lot of experience with Sumps but haven't you got a return valve that slows The flow up, or pump that you can slows down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Think I didn't fill the tank up to the right hight as did try to turn the flow down so going to top up in the min
Hope No flooding

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Nice looking rock ! we love BIG pics, fyi - you can click on the little picture frame icon and add the image url there - to display BIG ones :dance:

index.php

I have some dead live rock form a friend was from his tank was live rock
When he set his tank up for 3 months butt he had to give up the hobby And he left the live rock in the garden for 4 months
Can I use some of it if I wash and store in some Ro water for a week
Will it give me any problems