Could use some fast Op's on a pair of Gold Stripe clowns.

mr_tap_water

e1f4895f35449ae13c298f7dedd0f4b9.jpg
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cracker

Ok, I'm running out of excuses,however I got a good one this time LOL
So I noticed the beginnings of HA already ! Last thing I expected. I assume the biological filter wasn't nearly ready & the algae is taking it's place. If I don't get this right I'll be stuck wit algae issue from now on .
So anyway it's lights out for the time being. Just a little on the top pieces,so I scrubbed that off. We shall see what happens. Thanks for your patience !

cracker

Sorry folks. I can't figure out how to put up a pic. I used to use photobucket but for the life of me I can't a split screen up ! I need it to slide the pic from my picture into photobucket ! I'm, very frustrated. I do have a nice pic of the clowns for you. I guess I'll find some know it all kid to show me !
Anyway the fish are doing fine they have claimed a rock pile and hang out there.
Please check out the next post! I figured it out !

Last edited:

cracker

the wave maker is a Gyre, I have I a 250 at each end. They put out great flow ! However my understanding of the controler ,is even worse than my PC skills !

Last edited:

mr_tap_water

the wave maker is a Gyre, I have ! 250 at each end. They put out great flow ! However my understanding of the controler ,is even worse than my PC skills !
Is that the new Gyres if so how do you find them noise wise can you here them wind up and down or are they totally silent.

cracker

hello Mr Tap ! So these new gyres are pretty quiet. I can hear them winding up if all is dead quiet & I'm close to the tank. They seem to be more quiet now after a while. Overall I like them they move a lot of water. I'm just challenged with the controller.

cracker

Sorry for the delay guys for the late response . I really can't hear them at all. Now they aren't silent but I need to be right next to the tank, tv off and dead quiet.

djpensive

What type of wave maker are you looking at getting.

That's the question I'm not sure. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck with a good flow, and I have a corner tank so I'm trying to think about placement. The gyre looks like it'll be perfect but I don't want to be disappointed in performance

mr_tap_water

That's the question I'm not sure. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck with a good flow, and I have a corner tank so I'm trying to think about placement. The gyre looks like it'll be perfect but I don't want to be disappointed in performance
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance of the gyre just might be a bit of a noise issue if money is no issue I would have a look at the MP10 or MP40 QDs depending on the size of your tank or even the Tunze turbo Stream 3 , both powerful and silent.

djpensive

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the performance of the gyre just might be a bit of a noise issue if money is no issue I would have a look at the MP10 or MP40 QDs depending on the size of your tank or even the Tunze turbo Stream 3 , both powerful and silent.

That's kind of the thing as I said I don't really want to spend the money on the mp10, but I know once I do I'll be happy with the performance of it. I'll probably end up biting the bullet and going with one of those but I'm just checking out all of my options.

cracker

Good idea to check out your options before spending. I was pretty much in your place. The MP,s were out of my range. I went to a meeting for my local club. This guy was raving about his new gyres. I liked all the flow he was getting. One thing You need to know though. When running in reverse. They don't push nearly as much water compared the forward