My 650L mixed reef

mr_tap_water

Here is an update on how things are looking these days, just before Christmas decided to take out around 30 kg of live Rock to open it up a bit and allow more room for the fish to swim also for better circulation, now things are just starting to settle still coming together.
9412e8c512685870d1946a8bd6d22053.jpg
b33acf0939f4a741b063d70ee799de91.jpg
b83e393d8ae3b963a13d24b2f4b9b6bf.jpg
09dc40f21e595d766b6e2a69ee3406cd.jpg
3d854d0bf6132e6e08075b08633074bb.jpg
7d50bd5bc2a2c23800db18b9a50af2f2.jpg
86b0125b1f8bd65da4982cfa186c63ad.jpg
8be3f912569584a6337d739bacdac69a.jpg
3384e621895129445af293dc48c1c461.jpg
926e8ec8ece6de7ba08099c482197176.jpg
d9e980a44fc0aa2387dcdf539025121c.jpg
1172f17804fb6ba8214a3f88afea0913.jpg
fde2865768fa8b7b2f08389fba645926.jpg
b51e97ddae3cd3e3cd58ef323cf5cd26.jpg
c23952601cba0c8d7bc6b6f48ca1e1a1.jpg
a2e40cc80f6f2b3133549f3109e673fe.jpg
e1a4e1513b5777864ef5844be1cf2182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koestby

Wow! Great looking tank. Dunno how I could have missed this thread :/ How are those angels with your corals, the regal and the majestic? Awesome coloration. Thumbs up :D

mr_tap_water

Wow! Great looking tank. Dunno how I could have missed this thread :/ How are those angels with your corals, the regal and the majestic? Awesome coloration. Thumbs up :D
Thank you.[emoji846]
The angels are all as good as gold The only one I'm having problems with for some strange reason is my powdered blue tang which I have had a good couple of years now he has decided to start packing at the coals not to eat but just in a destructive why The only thing I can put it down to is when I rearranged my rockwork just before Christmas, i'm just hoping he will settle down soon fingers crossed.

SPR

Very nice pictures and fish!

I can see at least 2 yellow tangs and I know in the past you have had a lot more in fact I seem to remember seeing a virtual 'shoal' of them at one point although I appreciate they grow etc. Is that also a powder blue?

Your tank is the same size as mine I think at around 650 litres and I wouldn't mind a couple more tangs but I have just the one yellow and 1 regal at the moment. I lost my naso tang a few months ago

If I added a few more I would only get small ones and I just wondered what your experience it with adding more to an existing tank. Will the established fish get aggressive if I say added 2 smaller ones in your experience? I appreciate it depends on individual fish etc.

Also what's the fish with blue/yellow vertical tripes? Very nice.

mr_tap_water

Hi there
You're right to say I did have more yellow tangs are used to have nine and A few other angels I reduced my fish load down by roughly 20 fish I think I found the bio loads for too much to handle and lots of sediment on the rocks, but now since I've opened up my rock display which I took out roughly 30 kg Live rock have much more room for the fish And have much better circulation as you can see by my corals look much more healthy now.

You say you want to add other fish if it's more Tangs, then based on my own experience I would make sure it's bigger than the ones you've got especially yellows I found when adding tangs of the same kind they seem to attack for two days after that the aggression stop but is whether the fish you introduce can hold out two days even trying put in a mirror to the side of your tank or increasing The food load didn't really stop the aggression but it is only two days you're be surprised how it stops all of a sudden,
This is why I say it's better to get one that is slightly bigger make sure it's healthy looking to.

The blue and yellow fish you're talking about Are angels a Regal and a majestic
I found the angels a lot more easier unless problems than the Tangs,
At the moment I have,
Majestic
Regal
Limerick
Fireball
Ballus
Flamed
All get on really well and leave the corals alone,
Also found the angels much more relaxed than that tangs in character and seem less aggressive.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at getting some of the angels instead of tangs as they certainly are stunning fish. I'll do a bit of research on them as I thought some were not reef compatible.

I've got a couple of dwarf angels already and they are a lot more relaxed like you say. Just seem to mind their business.

I've got to be a bit picky what I add now anyway as I'm getting to capacity or thereabouts although everyone seems to being healthy and get on.

SPR

Can you stop posting photos. It's just cost me £100! Lol.

Stunning little Regal Angel in his new home. Oh along with a Naso tang that was gazing at me in the shop so actually it cost me £150!

I was going to also get a Potters Angel but the shop said he may not get on with my Coral Beauty or Flame so I left that one.

mr_tap_water

Can you stop posting photos. It's just cost me £100! Lol.

Stunning little Regal Angel in his new home. Oh along with a Naso tang that was gazing at me in the shop so actually it cost me £150!

I was going to also get a Potters Angel but the shop said he may not get on with my Coral Beauty or Flame so I left that one.
How's the Regal settling in is it eating ok can be very temperamental in the beginning,
Also that's a nice selection of fish you've just bought there good luck[emoji846]

SPR

Only just put them both in about 3 hours ago but looks ok. I've seen a few of the usual fish doing a bit of chasing as they get used to each other but all looks good so far.

I think my tanks about full now but as you know it's just so addictive!

mr_tap_water

Only just put them both in about 3 hours ago but looks ok. I've seen a few of the usual fish doing a bit of chasing as they get used to each other but all looks good so far.

I think my tanks about full now but as you know it's just so addictive!
Just keep an eye on him with him eating if you can get him to eat you halfway there.

shark32

Beautiful pics of your fish as always! is that a twinspot yellow hogfish in you 8th pic? Just curious if it is and how yours behaves. I have one for about 3 years and he was great in the beginning, very peaceful w/ everything. All of a sudden, a few months ago he became an absolute terror. He tries to terrorize everything in the tank. He even rips the astrenia starfish off the glass and rocks and spits them onto to the sand. His new thing is, he rips my two bumblebee snails off the rocks and drops them on the sand. I literally have a love/hate relationship with him. Lol...

mr_tap_water

Hi there and thank you.
It's actually banana wrasse very similar in shape to what you thought it was though[emoji846]