datahoe New Red Sea Max 650

datahoe

So I bought a purple tang for half price from the lfs! I have him in my QT for now but he is already eating well.

Anyone have experience with royal grammas?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have a Royal Gramma, he is great, very peaceful, colorful and gets along with everyone.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I love my Royal Gramma as well....plays well with all my other fish.
:snshne:Beautiful addition IMO.

datahoe

Hello all,

I apologize for not posting/updating more but unfortunately I had to deal with a bit of a tragedy and lost all of my fish to a fight with ich. It was a sad and painful lesson about quarantine. I purchased a square anthias from a LFS and failed to quarantine and it caused a massive ich outbreak which decimated my tank. My sole survivor was my orange stripe prawn goby. But like a Phoenix I have risen from the ashes :). Here are some changes I've made to the tank:

- Installed Steve's LED and removed T5
- Replaced Stock Skimmer with a Reef Octopus Regal 200SSS
- Installed a Emperor Aquatics 40 watt UV Sterilizer
- Currently dosing NOPOX
- I run a Carbon Reactor

My new stock list is as follows:
1 x Yellow Tang
1 x Sailfin Tang
2 x Picaso Clowns
4 x Lyretail Anthias
1 x Yellowhead Jawfish
2 x Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
2 x Red Fire Shrimp
1 x Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

4 x Chromis in quarantine

Rose bubble tip anemone shocked my by splitting and growing HUGE! I was so excited, thought i had another child or something! Here are a few new pictures.

One thing I am challenged with is my chiller appears to be not functioning and the water temp is hovering around 82. Right now I am using a 8 inch clip on fan in the sump which appears to be working for now, but summer is coming so not sure how effective it will be.