HELP! RSM E260 LED lights

Wendy M

Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum and just upgraded to the E260 with LED. I love the tank. The App that is used to operate the LED lighting is very confusing. But my issue is the cooling fan. Each light has a cooling fan on top but they don't turn on. Not sure if they are defective or if I am missing something? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm afraid the lights will overheat and plus it's raising my water temp. I just set it up 2 days ago. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I don't know about your lights specifically, but many LED fixtures operate their fans on a thermostat and only come on when the light heats up a bit. You might be fine in this department.

Wendy M

Thanks Dave. That's what I thought but they have been on for 5 hours and pretty warm. To the point they are increasing water temp. I think I will call customer service. Just thought maybe I was missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I can confirm the Hydra 26HD lights cooling fans only run when they are required to, if you are using the lights via a Cloud setting and have access to a laptop or Mac feel free to drop me an email to ul.info@redseafish.com and I can send you the Red Sea recommended lighting files.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie: