Liverocknreef.com...anyone???

BIGKAHANA

So I'm prepared to purchase 25 lbs of the cherry primo deco rock. After scouring the internet for days, I've decided on these guys. The rock is by far the best looking. Also, with me being in Orlando i can get the rock within 12 hrs of the actual dive to pick it off the gulf-floor. I spoke with Bill, one of the divers, and maybe the owner, he was very helpful and knowledgeable. He claims that this rock is coming of a spot in the Gulf with 18 years of growth!!
So has anyone purchased from these guys?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Have never ordered from them. However, I got my LR from Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock. It's shipped submerged in water, so there is minimal die off and it's truly "Alive". Probably similar to this vendors rock in terms of type of life found in and on the rock, but with less die off. Check them out, if you haven't already, before you make a final decision.

chuck116

I did not order from them but a friend did and he said that the rock was amazing and cheap he loved it. lots of growth he is very happy.

WILLY7175

i actually purchased rock from both tampa bay and live rock n reef about 2 weeks ago and by far live rock n reef was AMAZING! tamp bays rock had very little life in comparison and the color on the rock from live rock n reef was fantastic. also the divers matt and bill was very helpful and very knowledgable. i would most definitely buy from them.

Hello,
Thought I would give some feedback as well. I purchased from liverocknreef.com. 66lbs of cherry picked primo. Just to say the rock if FABULOUS! Teeming with all kinds of life, though I must say is has quite a few glass nems on it and a couple of mantis shrimps, I am fully impressed with the rock. We ordered it on a Thursday and picked it up from the airport the next day. Ships in very little water and is wrapped in wet paper towels. I got 3 or 4 sea urchins, about 5 different colors of coralline algae, mussels, clams, and who know what as I find new stuff coming out of it every day I am deff going to order from them again! Next shipment will be 100lbs.

Attachments

• DSCN0134.JPG
    DSCN0134.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 118

jsawyers33

I think I would try TB Saltwater if I had it to do over. Stay away from Live Rock N Reef. They claim no unsatisfied customer, but when they do have someone unsatisfied Bill just says tough it's a live product and since it is sold online he can advertise it however he wants. He actually said I should be glad I didn't use Live Rock Ranch because they would be worse. I do think that many people get great rock, but not all get so lucky and at their premium price is it really worth the gamble? I got good coraline algae and macros, but nothing special. I Did however get plenty of pest anemones whelk snails 2 gorilla crabs and what I and my LFS believe to be the dreaded Cirolanid Isopods. Yeah for me

scubamattv

I know this is reviving an old thread... but I was thinking about getting the winter special from liverocknreef (https://www.liverocknreef.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=8357) to start my 90 gallon. I'm currently in the filtering RO/DI water and filling/leak testing the tank phase.. but I'll be ready to put rock in the tank soon. Does anyone have recent experience with liverocknreef? The other option I was mulling over was getting mostly dry rock and then getting a chunk of live rock from the lfs to seed it.. I also have some rock from a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon tank that will be moving into the tank.

thanks!