HELP! Can anyone help

Stackhous

I can't stop the micro bubbles in my max c250. They come from one pump then the other with the skimmer off or on. I don't get it. I cleaned the pumps n skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Stackhous. Make sure the water level is correct, also do not pack too much filter material like fine wool into the media rack this can sometimes restrict the flow. On the pump there is also flow adjustment, if this is closed too far it will cause the pump to cavitate causing the bubbles to form.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ how much topoff water (ro/di not sw) are you adding each week? many use around 5 gallons a week, when the water lever fall to far... micro bubbles start - also check your gate height, even a 1/4" adjustment up or down can have a dramatic effect.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
There is an optimum level indication built into the sides on the Max C series aquariums, if you look in the view window where the plastic joins both sides of the window this is the optimum level, so this is the level to aim for with regards to top off as nanoreefing4fun suggests.

jringold

I had this exact same problem. The issue is that my tank is in an alcove with less than 12” clearance on each side, so I could not see the level indicators on the sides. I would look in the tank and the level looked great. My ATO was working fine. I would look in the skimmer compartment (behind the gate) and the level was fine. However, one day I had the hood totally opened and just happened to notice that the water level in the right side pump compartment was a good 6” lower than the tanks water level. Turns out I had the sponge crammed in too tightly and it was restricting the water flow to the point that the chamber was being pumped out faster than it could be replenished. I didn’t cut the sponge – I just adjusted it so it was not packed as tightly. That totally fixed my issue.

Happy reefing!

Morgan

Stackhous

I put in the in tank media basket. N the bubbles r still around. I'm ready to upgrade to the reefer 350

Stackhous

The sponges r still there. I read that some people cut them in half but I don't know.