Mystery Creature found in my tank

Looking for help ID'ing this mystery creature. This is the first time I have ever seen it and I've had my this rock in my tank for 3 months. Its deep inside the rock and doesnt appear to like the light to much. When I tried to video it, the light scared it into its hole. Its Black/Greyish with what appear to be spines on the one side of it. The lines down the center of it will retract down, then the flaps will wrap around that. Here are a few pics and a short video showing it coming back out of the hole. Sorry for the poor video I was having a hard time getting the camera to focus on it.

IMG_20161010_065928627.jpg

IMG_20161010_070016750.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih4-...ature=youtu.be

I had this posted on another forum as well and after some further investigation. It appears to be some sort of Bivalve. I was able to get to it from the back of the rock and could see what looks like two shells that close up when its touched. It will retract down into the rock as well and no way is it coming out. It also has a hard shell. Since I've posted this I've been watching it and it has not changed its orientation in the rock. Ive been searching the net for pictures of bivalves and I have not come across anything that resembles it. I sure wish I could get it out to investigate it further.

This sure is why I enjoy this hobby, always something fun and new!

gbose

Looks interesting! probably a good thing to have in your tank, since it should be a filter feeder...

fortunato

I had this posted on another forum as well and after some further investigation. It appears to be some sort of Bivalve. I was able to get to it from the back of the rock and could see what looks like two shells that close up when its touched. It will retract down into the rock as well and no way is it coming out. It also has a hard shell. Since I've posted this I've been watching it and it has not changed its orientation in the rock. Ive been searching the net for pictures of bivalves and I have not come across anything that resembles it. I sure wish I could get it out to investigate it further.

This sure is why I enjoy this hobby, always something fun and new!
Any news on this?